Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help with converting decimal to fraction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with converting decimal to fraction.

Im writing an indicator that needs to convert the decimal form of an output to the nearest fractional tick. For example:
    Bollingers will give decimals for ZT(2yr note)
    I have found a bit of code that converts the price markers from decimals to the appropriate fractions. Is there anyway to to get streamwriter to write a line of text that wil have the exact same values as teh price markers i need them in the same format as the order book.

If the price marker outputs 110'750 for x then i want it to write that to a file. But im not sure how to access the pricemarkers, if i call Upper[0], Lower[0], or Close[0] it will give me a decimal.

The code that changes the price markers:

public override string FormatPriceMarker(double price) { double trunc = Math.Truncate(price); int fraction = Convert.ToInt32(320 * Math.Abs(price - trunc) - 0.0001); // rounding down for ZF and ZT string priceMarker = ""; if (TickSize == 0.03125) { fraction = fraction/10; if (fraction < 10) priceMarker = trunc.ToString() + "'0" + fraction.ToString(); else priceMarker = trunc.ToString() + "'" + fraction.ToString(); } else if (TickSize == 0.015625 || TickSize == 0.0078125) { if (fraction < 10) priceMarker = trunc.ToString() + "'00" + fraction.ToString(); else if (fraction < 100) priceMarker = trunc.ToString() + "'0" + fraction.ToString(); else priceMarker = trunc.ToString() + "'" + fraction.ToString(); } else priceMarker = price.ToString(Gui.Globals.GetTickFormatString(Tic kSize)); return priceMarker;
    Last edited by floyd084; 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM.

Well I figured out how to get it to post, now im getting values that aren't equivalnt to a minimum tick

for example zt is quoted in 1/4 of 1/32 so 110'000, 110'002, 110'005, 110'007, 110'010

so occasionally the indicator will output say 110'001 or 110'004 or 110'008

how can I round these so that they match the price ladder quotes?

Comment

Floyd, I think you could Round2TickSize first and then do your conversion logic as per the first post?

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes that's essentially what i did. i took the decimal and placed it in variable x
        then :
        double XdecimalLower = Math.Floor(NdecimalLower * 128) / 128.0;

then convert to int32
        it helps to round down by .0001 when converting to 32 so that for all ticks ending in 7.5/128 will read xxx'xx7 instead of xxx'xx8. all other ticks work great. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielSanMartin