Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator High/Low bar "open" line plot- need programmer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like what you have done. Yes, the prior lines that are no longer the current high or low of day bar(open) , I remove.

Comment

Just one more thing, if price does later break the lines, the lines still remain, they only drop off when/ if there is a new high and low on day that now replaces it. There will always be 2 lines at the end of day, the day high bar open and the low bar open.

Comment

High/Low bar "open" Indicator

Originally posted by ea0680 View Post
        Just one more thing, if price does later break the lines, the lines still remain, they only drop off when/ if there is a new high and low on day that now replaces it. There will always be 2 lines at the end of day, the day high bar open and the low bar open.
        Okay, here is a Beta Version for you to test.
        Open an "Output" Window, set the Debug setting to "True" and the Output Window will print out all occurences of the indicator plotting a session High bar Open and a session Low bar Open [see attached screenshots]

The irSessionSupportAndResistance indicator determines the high and low bar of a session and draws rays from the bars open. These rays mark support and resistance areas. They are confirmed when the session ends. Until confirmed the candidate session rays can move if a <= low occurs or a >= high occurs.
        The thought behind including the = case is to use the more recent data in the markets memory.
        When broken by a bar close, the broken ray is replaced with a line.
        // 2015-10-25 Designed to run CalculateOnBarClose = false. (All code runs on FirstTickOfBar so minimal drain on resources.)
        // 2015-10-25 Added code snippet and call to FormatPriceMarker within Print statement so when Debug mode enabled then prices will print in 32nds for ZB.
        // 2015-10-25 Added boolean switch to turn on/off whether historical data is included in Debug mode.

Trade Well,
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the work you have done. It looks very close to what I do manually, however, there are filters that I look for as each price bar makes both the high and low of day. I have marked up a snapshot of the indicator plots and where I would manually draw the line . The differences are soley due to the filter of the HOD bar must have its Close > Open ,and LOD bar must have its Close < its Open, then plot that bars open. I do see the value in what you have completed without the filters, but perhaps having choice of turning on or off the filters would be a good option.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the work you have done. It looks very close to what I do manually, however, there are filters that I look for as each price bar makes both the high and low of day. I have marked up a snapshot of the indicator plots and where I would manually draw the line . The differences are soley due to the filter of the HOD bar must have its Close > Open ,and LOD bar must have its Close < its Open, then plot that bars open. I do see the value in what you have completed without the filters, but perhaps having choice of turning on or off the filters would be a good option.
            So essentially what you're saying is the bar you want plotted as the HOD [or LOD] will not necessarily be the actual HOD [or LOD] bar, due to the filter it might only be close to being the High Of Day [or Low Of Day] bar?
            I'll see what I can do, in the mean time maybe you could tell "us" how you actually use this for your trading?

Comment

That is correct,most times it will be the Low or High of day bar, but a bar that has already reversed off the high or low closing beyond its open can and does happen, and I just then look at the bar in which it met the filter.

I use these levels several ways. For example, If I see the LOD bar Open line has broken, I then stop trying to get short, or if I am short, I use them as a stop loss. Reverse this for HOD bar/ open line level. Also, if I want to get long, I wait for the LOD open line to break, then come back to it and retest it for a potential long entry. Reverse for HOD open line break, short entry. I do not follow this mechanically and dont suggest anyone should, I look to these levels to see how prices are acting first, watching order flow ,also looking to the bigger picture market structure.

Comment

irSessionSupportAndResistance indicator [v2]

Okay, here you go, an updated Zip file is attached;

Resistance levels [red lines] are drawn on "Up close bars",
                Support levels [blue lines] are drawn on "Down close bars".

You can still toggle to "Keep Broken Session Rays" True/False
                You still have the option to print to the "Output Window" if you want to.

Trade Well,
                TGN

That is correct,most times it will be the Low or High of day bar, but a bar that has already reversed off the high or low closing beyond its open can and does happen, and I just then look at the bar in which it met the filter.

I use these levels several ways. For example, If I see the LOD bar Open line has broken, I then stop trying to get short, or if I am short, I use them as a stop loss. Reverse this for HOD bar/ open line level. Also, if I want to get long, I wait for the LOD open line to break, then come back to it and retest it for a potential long entry. Reverse for HOD open line break, short entry. I do not follow this mechanically and dont suggest anyone should, I look to these levels to see how prices are acting first, watching order flow ,also looking to the bigger picture market structure.
                Attached Files

Comment

Works great, cant thank you enough for this )

Comment

Works great, cant thank you enough for this )
                    Glad to hear we finally got it right,
                    You're welcome.

Trade well,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Christopher_R  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM