Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Setting panel properties programatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting panel properties programatically

I have an indicator plotting in a separate panel, for which PanelUI returns 2. I'd like to set the Y-scale to Fixed, with Max and Min values calculated by the indicator. I'm setting ChartControl.YAxisRangeTypeRight = YAxisRangeType.Fixed and then ChartControl.FixedPanelMaxRight and ChartControl.FixedPanelMinRight to their desired values.

Yesterday, this worked. Today, it's intermittent. When it doesn't work correctly, it sets the properties of the price panel, not the indicator panel. Playing with it by removing the indicator, then placing it back overlaying the input series, then removing it again, and then adding it back in a new panel, and so on, got it to work again on the chart I'd been using but not on a new chart.

Is there a way reliably to set specific panel properties programmatically?

Hello tradesmart,
    We are not aware of any specific scenario pertaining to setting the max min values to the panels.

The ChartControl class is not officially supported however if you can send a toy code replicating the scenario then I will be happy to investigate it. you can send the Toy code to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

*The "toy" just means something that is a stripped down version that isn't necessarily the whole logic. It makes things easier to rout out.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes