Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help on BuySellVolume Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on BuySellVolume Indicator

Hi, new to Ninja and not versed in Ninja Script (yet anyway) and wanted to see if somebody could help me with a simple change to the BuySellVolume indicator to customize it so that it would plot with buy volume on the histogram with a green bar above the zero line and sell volume in a red bar below the zero line.

This is more visually useful to me than stacking both within one bar.

Can anybody help me with this or is there a setting within the indicator that will allow me to do this myself? I couldn't see anything for that, but maybe I missed it due to being new....

Many thanks for any help.

Rick

Hello Rick,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

There actually is a number of Buy Sell Volume indicators that many of the members of the support have have already posted that you may view for reference.

One of which will I believe do what you would like and has a number of Buy Sell Volume Indicator variants, the one that would be what you are looking for may be the BuySellCentered. You may try download the indicator from the following link.

To Import
    1. Download the attached file to your desktop
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript
    3. Select the downloaded file

Note that on any files that say "File already exists on your PC" that start with an "@" symbol are the ones that came preloaded inside of NinjaTrader so you would say "No" so that you do not override those files.

Here is a link to our NinjaScript File Sharing section that you may view as well for other Indicators similar to that one.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, JC. Unfortunately, none of these volume variants are doing what I want to see. What I'm looking for is for the "net" volume on the bar to be plotted on the histogram so that if it was a net buying volume bar then it would be green, meaning that the buying was greater than selling, and the bar would only be green and plotted above the zero line.

On the sell side, if net selling occurred then the volume bar would be red only and plotted below the zero line. Only one color per volume bar that reflects essentially who won out....buyers or sellers. The existing volume indicators all seem to want to plot both sides, buyers and sellers, on one bar and it's not as helpful to quickly determine supply/demand imbalances, but the BuySellVolumeNegative comes about as close to it, but it's still not what I'm used to using.

I use Trade Navigator, too, and you can build an easy indicator that is just Buy Volume - Sell Volume, plotted as a histogram with net buy volume plotted green above the zero line and net sell volume plotted red below the zero line. Only one volume bar per price bar and it's either red or green, but not both as all the Ninja volume indicators seem to be.

If there's a variant I've missed that will do what I'm looking for please let me know. Otherwise, how difficult would it be to have what I need made in Ninja Script? Seems like a pretty simple indicator to me as it is in Trade Nav, but I'm not versed at all in Ninja Script.

I appreciate your help!

Rick

Comment

Hello Rick,

Thanks for clarifying that. While, I am not aware of any indicator that will do that if you have experience programming or with C# that task may be simple.

You may view the following thread that gives examples and helpful links on getting started with NinjaScript.

You can create a new indicator with the original code from another indicator by going to the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicators. Then double left click on the indicator that you want to have the original code from for example the "BuySellCentered". It will then open up the source code for the indicator. Right click inside the window and select Save As. Type in a name of your choosing then press "Save". Press the "OK" button as NinjaTrader will automatically rename them for you. Now you have a new indicator based off the old indicator code that you can modify it to only display either the buy or sell depending on which is larger.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion
        by elirion

Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
        16 responses