Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Alert line in indicator panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert line in indicator panel

Is there an alert indicator than can be added to a horizontal line drawn in an INDICATOR panel, not the instrument price panel?

Originally posted by ScorpioTravis View Post
    Is there an alert indicator than can be added to a horizontal line drawn in an INDICATOR panel, not the instrument price panel?
    Just use the User Dialog to specify the panel on which you want to load the existing, shipping, PriceAlert() indicator.

Comment

Price alert of VOL indicator

Is there a way to get an alert on the VOL indicator?

I have tried to use the Price Alert indicator for this with no success. In the indicator parameter box, I specified Panel 2, which is where my VOL indicator is in the data box, and even though a price marker showed up on the VOL indicator at the bottom of my chart, an alarm didn't go off when volume reached the price marker. By the way, the alarm works fine when I use the Price Alert for a given price. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
        Just use the User Dialog to specify the panel on which you want to load the existing, shipping, PriceAlert() indicator.
        Tried that. But I can't select the desired output/plot of the indicator.

I only want to draw a horizontal line on an indicator, "attach" it to the desired indicator plot, and then set the alert.
        Last edited by ScorpioTravis; 02-02-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Tried that. But I can't select the desired output/plot of the indicator.

I only want to draw a horizontal line on an indicator, "attach" it to the desired indicator plot, and then set the alert.
          What did you set as the input DataSeries to the indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by chris777 View Post
            Is there a way to get an alert on the VOL indicator?

I have tried to use the Price Alert indicator for this with no success. In the indicator parameter box, I specified Panel 2, which is where my VOL indicator is in the data box, and even though a price marker showed up on the VOL indicator at the bottom of my chart, an alarm didn't go off when volume reached the price marker. By the way, the alarm works fine when I use the Price Alert for a given price. Thanks!
            What did you set as the input DataSeries to the indicator? Naturally, if the price is the input, then the indicator will act off the price: after all, that is what you requested.

Comment

The input DataSeries to the indicator, not the horizontal line, is the main instrument plotted in panel 1.

Comment

The input DataSeries to the indicator, not the horizontal line, is the main instrument plotted in panel 1.
                Then it is doing as you instructed it to do: using as input the "main instrument plotted in panel 1".

If you want it to be triggered by the indicator's plot, then you need to use that as the input. All indicators respond to their input, that must be specified correctly for one to get correct results. A case of the old aphorism, GIGO.

Comment

It seems to me that what you describe is an indicator being an indicator of itself.

Let's assume that I have an instrument plotted as five minute bars with MACD plotted in panel 2, the input series being the aforementioned instrument. I want to draw a horizontal line from the last "swing high" bar of the MACD histogram bar. If a MACD histogram bar crosses over that horizontal line, then I want to be alerted. Please provide instructions to it.

Comment

It seems to me that what you describe is an indicator being an indicator of itself.

Let's assume that I have an instrument plotted as five minute bars with MACD plotted in panel 2, the input series being the aforementioned instrument. I want to draw a horizontal line from the last "swing high" bar of the MACD histogram bar. If a MACD histogram bar crosses over that horizontal line, then I want to be alerted. Please provide instructions to it.
                    1. You put the PriceAlert() indicator into Panel 2.
                    2. Make the MACD the input of the PriceAlert() indicator. After all, you are asking for when a level is exceeded on the MACD, so the only possible input is the MACD; on which you will have to take your measure.
                    3. Draw your level.
                    Last edited by koganam; 02-03-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin