Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DMI Oscillator & DMI Stochastic(S&C Jan 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see values too but what I am looking for is to see when arrow appears in analyzer window, based on the strategy presented by author. For example if I run a list of sp500 on daily bars I want to see how many stocks have valid signal on that day.

Comment

Hello trader333,

Thank you for your response.

Can you provide a screenshot of the arrows on the chart?

Comment

Here is the screenshot. Arrows are drawn by dmistocahsticextreme indicator, but valid signal occurs when
        arrow happen to be when dmioscillator is also coincide with arrow.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello trader333,

Thank you for your response.

The indicator would need a value from a plot that could be accessed from the indicator Column in the Market Analyzer. A Plot that indicates a 1 for up arrow, -1 for down arrow and 0 for no arrow drawn.

Comment

Where do I place these in the code. I am not a programmer but need a hint

Comment

Hello Trader333,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to review the code of the indicator and look for the statements that begin with DrawArrow and add the statements for the market analyzer output.

To assist I have modified the DMI indicator in post 13 and commented the lines that were added to facilitate output to the market analyzer.

In summary, I added a data series and captured the signals (next to the drawArrow statements) in the dataseries and made the dataseries publicly available. The example indicator can be added to the Market Analyzer and the plot to show is labeled DmiSEArrows. +1 = Up Arrow, -1 = Down Arrow, 0 = no arrow.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
              Attached Files
              Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Guys, we had a request for adding an option to the DMIOscillator to toggle if the bars should be painted or not, allowing for better usage with our custom studies that would attempt to change the bar color dynamically. The changed study allowing this is attached.
                Attached Files
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand
                  I could not find the settings you mentioned in the above post, can you please post a screenshot?

Comment

Trader333,

This will be towards the bottom of the settings called PaintBars
                    Attached Files
                    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks cal. Can I request another enhancement to show dmistochasticextreme arrows on the price panel too optionally?
                      Last edited by trader333; 02-10-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

DMI stochastic extreme diamonds

Hello

Does anyone know how to change the position of the diamonds that the dmi Stochastic extreme plots on the chart? Sometimes the diamonds completely cover the small candles on the chart so I can't identify the shape of the candle. I've played with some of the settings but I can't get all diamonds to move vertically either up or down?

Appreciate your assistance

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

There are two ways that you can get around this. The easiest way would be to change the Z-order of the drawing objects drawn by the strategy. You can do this by selecting any of the diamonds, then holding the Shift key and scrolling your mouse wheel up or down.

If you can access and edit the code, then you could accomplish what you are looking for by adding "+/- X * TickSize" after the value being used for "y" in the constructor of DrawTriangle(), with X being any number of ticks away from the specified point. For example, you could do something like the following:

Code:
                          DrawDiamond("diamond", true, 0,[I][B] High[0] + 3 * TickSize[/B][/I], Color.Blue)
                          or
                          Code:
                          DrawDiamond("diamond", true, 0,[I][B] Low[0] - 2 * TickSize[/B][/I], Color.Blue)
                          Please let me know if I can assist further.
                          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
                            Hello,

There are two ways that you can get around this. The easiest way would be to change the Z-order of the drawing objects drawn by the strategy. You can do this by selecting any of the diamonds, then holding the Shift key and scrolling your mouse wheel up or down.

If you can access and edit the code, then you could accomplish what you are looking for by adding "+/- X * TickSize" after the value being used for "y" in the constructor of DrawTriangle(), with X being any number of ticks away from the specified point. For example, you could do something like the following:

Code:
                            DrawDiamond("diamond", true, 0,[I][B] High[0] + 3 * TickSize[/B][/I], Color.Blue)
                            or
                            Code:
                            DrawDiamond("diamond", true, 0,[I][B] Low[0] - 2 * TickSize[/B][/I], Color.Blue)

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the reply. I tried ''selecting any of the diamonds, then holding the Shift key and scrolling your mouse wheel up or down''. The diamonds did not move when I did this?
                            Unfortunately I don't know anything about programing or scripts so I'm not sure what to do with the code you supplied? Is there a way to add this feature of moving the diamonds into the parameters window of the DMIStochasticExtreme indicator? See attached screenshot

Appreciate your assistance
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

It would theoretically be possible to set that up, but if you cannot edit the code, I recommend requesting that the developer of the indicator make that change for you.

Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Is it possible to update this DMI Oscillator script with paint bar function for the current version of Ninja Trader?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse