• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DMI Oscillator & DMI Stochastic(S&C Jan 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I was able to locate the DMI Oscillator:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello PN720,

Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on when this will be ready.

Leave a comment:

• PN720
    replied
    No ETA on file sharing availability yet?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello PN720,

Currently, there is a migration to a updated forum and we are moving shared indicators to the ecosystem site.

https://ninjatrader.com/Forum_Local_...ocal_links.php

At the moment, I am not able to provide a link to where the forum file sharing indicators, strategies, and addons can be downloaded.

However, once everything is up and ready, I will contact you and provide you with a link.

I appreciate your patience.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-09-2018, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PN720
    replied
    Hi, that link to the DMIOscillator doesn't work. Where can I find it for NT8?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Hello madliquid,

Thank you for your repsonse.

The DMIOscillator for NinjaTrader 8 already includes the option to change the bar color. Please visit the following link to download the file: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=7&linkid=796

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Leave a comment:

• madliquid
    replied
    Thank you. This is what I meant by paint bar:

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
    Guys, we had a request for adding an option to the DMIOscillator to toggle if the bars should be painted or not, allowing for better usage with our custom studies that would attempt to change the bar color dynamically. The changed study allowing this is attached.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Hello madliquid,

Thank you for your post.

Can you detail what you mean by "paint bar"?

You can find the NinjaTrader 8 version of this indicator at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=7&linkid=796

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Leave a comment:

• madliquid
    replied
    Is it possible to update this DMI Oscillator script with paint bar function for the current version of Ninja Trader?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_DaveI
    replied
    Hello,

It would theoretically be possible to set that up, but if you cannot edit the code, I recommend requesting that the developer of the indicator make that change for you.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Leave a comment:

• TraderYoda
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
    Hello,

There are two ways that you can get around this. The easiest way would be to change the Z-order of the drawing objects drawn by the strategy. You can do this by selecting any of the diamonds, then holding the Shift key and scrolling your mouse wheel up or down.

If you can access and edit the code, then you could accomplish what you are looking for by adding "+/- X * TickSize" after the value being used for "y" in the constructor of DrawTriangle(), with X being any number of ticks away from the specified point. For example, you could do something like the following:

Code:
    DrawDiamond("diamond", true, 0, High[0] + 3 * TickSize, Color.Blue)
    or
    Code:
    DrawDiamond("diamond", true, 0, Low[0] - 2 * TickSize, Color.Blue)

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the reply. I tried ''selecting any of the diamonds, then holding the Shift key and scrolling your mouse wheel up or down''. The diamonds did not move when I did this?
    Unfortunately I don't know anything about programing or scripts so I'm not sure what to do with the code you supplied? Is there a way to add this feature of moving the diamonds into the parameters window of the DMIStochasticExtreme indicator? See attached screenshot

Appreciate your assistance
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_DaveI
    replied
    Hello,

There are two ways that you can get around this. The easiest way would be to change the Z-order of the drawing objects drawn by the strategy. You can do this by selecting any of the diamonds, then holding the Shift key and scrolling your mouse wheel up or down.

If you can access and edit the code, then you could accomplish what you are looking for by adding "+/- X * TickSize" after the value being used for "y" in the constructor of DrawTriangle(), with X being any number of ticks away from the specified point. For example, you could do something like the following:

Code:
    DrawDiamond("diamond", true, 0, High[0] + 3 * TickSize, Color.Blue)
    or
    Code:
    DrawDiamond("diamond", true, 0, Low[0] - 2 * TickSize, Color.Blue)

Leave a comment:

• TraderYoda
    replied
    DMI stochastic extreme diamonds

Hello

Does anyone know how to change the position of the diamonds that the dmi Stochastic extreme plots on the chart? Sometimes the diamonds completely cover the small candles on the chart so I can't identify the shape of the candle. I've played with some of the settings but I can't get all diamonds to move vertically either up or down?

Appreciate your assistance

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• trader333
    replied
    Thanks cal. Can I request another enhancement to show dmistochasticextreme arrows on the price panel too optionally?
    Last edited by trader333; 02-10-2015, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_CalH
    replied
    Trader333,

This will be towards the bottom of the settings called PaintBars
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by jgfirefn, Today, 02:26 AM
0 responses