Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator language Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator language Help

Hello, I used some indicators on another platform that I would like to use on NT7 as well. However, I cannot figure out the codes or where to place them when creating the indicator from scratch? Could someone please help me?

I can provide the exact formula, I just do not know where to place it in the process. Thank you.

garofjm, to get started you would want to work with the indicator wizard setting up the 'core' skeleton of your new script. You can start this process via Tools > New NinjaScript > Indicator

To get a feeling for the framework you're then operating in, I would highly suggest to step through those tutorials here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../tutorials.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. I have gone through the tutorials, but am stuck on where and how to enter the calculation logic. For example, this is what I am trying to enter.

MovingAverage (open - Close, Bars used in Avg) / MovingAverage (Range, Bars Used in Avg) *50 + 50.

The "Bars Used In Average" will be a default value of 8, but would also like to adjust it if need be. I just cannot figure out where to put these codes in ,if I can put it all together like above, or the specific "codes" that NT7 uses. Can you help? Thank you.

Justin

Comment

You would need to use the NinjaScript specific syntax NT7 would use and 'understand'. The OnBarUpdate() section is where you would enter logic you would want to see processed on every bar going from left to right.

User inputs for your script to control parameters 'on the fly' from the UI could be of course created as well - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5782

The basic moving average would be called with this syntax - SMA(Close, 50)[0] > gives you the most recent value of the MA.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes