Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Please check the 'GetMinMaxValues' method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please check the 'GetMinMaxValues' method

Hi,

I'm getting the following error in one of my indicators:

Error on calculating indicator min/max value for indicator 'Indi201'. Please check the 'GetMinMaxValues' method: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

The indicator works, except that none of the plot values are showing in the Data Box.

I have no idea what the 'GetMinMaxValues' method is - tried doing a Find within the indicator, and came up with nothing. Any suggestion on where I should start looking for the error?

Thanks!

Hello nicbizz,

Thank you for note.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please put 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=55717

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for that information.

From your Trace file I see the following error:
      • 2013-02-07 10:17:06:798 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
      • 2013-02-07 10:17:06:798 Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
      • 2013-02-07 10:17:06:798 at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSi mple.MoveNext()

It appears you may be changing the contents of a list during enumeration. I would suggest making liberal use of Try/Catch statements to see if you can isolate the section the issue is occurring in.

You can find our reference sample on Try/Catch blocks at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=9825

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

I'll go through my Lists in detail.

-Nick

Comment

Hi,

This is an old thread, but I'm still suffering from the same problem.

I've used try/catch blocks all over my code, but other than the error message in the Log tab, it doesn't seem to throw out any additional information.

The other thing I notice is that this error frequently occurs when I'm using Live Data (i.e. connected to a data feed). On historical charts, it rarely, if ever comes up.

Any ideas on how I may identify the problem?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello nicbizz,

Thank you for your response.

In the Output window in NinjaTrader do you see any information? Do you have any external programs that may interfere or adjust files in NinjaTrader?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Nothing appears in the Output window.

As far as I know, I don't have any modules or any other 3rd party program attached to NinjaTrader.

The only thing I have running is the indicator.

-Nick

Comment

Patrick,

I forgot to mention, the other message that sometimes appear in the Log in place of the "GetMinMaxValues method" error above:

"Error on plotting values to chart data box for indicator 'Ind201'. Please check the 'OnBarUpdate' method: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute."

I havent been able to figure out how they're related, or why one appears in place of the other.

-Nick

Comment

Hello nicbizz,

Thank you for your response.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please put 'ATTN: Patrick - 787974' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=55717

Comment

Patrick,

I tried a little experiment whereby I loaded a few revisions of the indicator, at the same time, on a chart.
                    For instance, I'll have Nick201, Nick202, Nick203 running on the same chart.

Strangely enough, 2 out of the 3 would load without any problems.
                    And the error would not always occur on the same indicator (sometimes its Nick201 that craps out, and then when I hit refresh, it could be Nick202 instead).

I thought it was something worth mentioning.

Thanks for your help on this!

-Nick

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                    0 responses