Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator: bars showing time elapsed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator: bars showing time elapsed?

Hello,

I have no experience with programming but can perhaps do it using the Wizard. Can somebody guide me in how to go about this, please.

On a tick bar, I want the time elapsed shown as a bar in panel below price bar, The time since the close of last price bar or beginning of current bar. The bar will keep growing with each passing second till the new bar comes in.

Is there a way I can modify the current volume indicator by changing the "volume" to "seconds" or something? Thanks.

Hello ju1234,

Thank you for your post.

You would need to setup a timer that begins counting on the start of the tick bar and if you wish to imitate the plot of the VOL for this indicator then using the VOL.cs would be a good start. This will require hard coding your indicator and could not be done through the Wizard.

You can find an example of a timer by viewing the code for the BarTimer.cs file in NinjaTrader. Please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > BarTimer > OK.

You can view the code for the VOL.cs file by going to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > VOL > OK.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Patrick, Thank you for your reply. I looked at the code of both VOL and TIMER. While VOL is relatively simple, TIMER seems much more complex. Unless it is just a matter of substituting the word "volume" with "seconds" or something in the VOL code, I would not know what to do with it.

May be one of you guys can develop it when you have time or some other NT user who has some knowledge of programming can do it.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello ju1234,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, we do not provide custom programming services for our users. We have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.

A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

We also have great resources in relation to Indicator Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.
        Take me to your support forum!

We also have some Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
        Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
        Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
        Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort  
        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes