Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

zig zag indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zig zag indicator

Hey Ninja-

Is there a way for the zig zag to count and plot the ticks for each swing on the chart?

Hello brettalex,

Thank you for your post.

This is possible, you would need to implement a counter for the ticks into the ZigZag indicator and create a new plot for this item.

You can view an example of a tick counter by going to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Edit NinjaScript > TickCounter > OK.

You can also search our User Submitted Indicators to see if another user has developed such an indicator: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ks.php?catid=4

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks-One other question is it possible to export to other programs other than excel...example I use openoffice.org

Comment

Hello brettalex,

This thread was not properly responded to.

The following is a link to a guide on our Support Forum for Excel by one of our users: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...407#post212407

I hope this is what you were looking for if you have not come across this already.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 07-16-2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brettalex View Post
          Thanks-One other question is it possible to export to other programs other than excel...example I use openoffice.org
          NT had to identify that method somehow, and instead of saying "Export to spreadsheet", identified the dominant spreadsheet, as they actually are exporting to xls format. What that means for us OpenOffice users is that if you try to "Export to Excel", it will, in fact, export to OpenOffice, because OpenOffice is the program that is registered in Windows to handle xls files.

Comment

ZigZag Plot

Is there a way to change ZigZag line to plot a Dot at Highs/Lows instead of lines??

Thank You

Comment

Hello sunfirerv,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

You will need to create a new copy of the ZigZag before you can edit it. To do this go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > ZigZag > OK > when the NinjaScript Editor loads right click and select Save As... > give the ZigZag a new name > then Save.

Once the above is complete you will need familiarize yourself with custom plots and overriding the Plot method. For an example of this please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > CustomPlotSample > OK.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

trying to download an indicator but fails when i try to upload it through the nt backoffice any help please?

Comment

Hello panny123,

Thank you for your post.

Do you receive an error message? If so what does the error message report?

Comment

yes i get a imput failed archive may contain dupicate method names that already exsist or there is a file missing on pc or im device-
                    then i got rid of a few duplicates leaving me one i believe-and placed a zip file on my desktop and tried again but then got this message- ninjascript archive file does not contain any ninjascript files

thanks for your help

Ben

Comment

Hello Ben,

Thanks for that information.

archive may contain dupicate method names
                      The issue is usually one of two things:
                      1. There is a classname or namespace in the file you are importing that is already used in another indicator that is already imported.
                      2. This indicator relies on another indicator that needs to be imported first.

I would like to set up a remote support session to assist you with this.

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. In the body of the email please write Attn: Chelsea #794031.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Tim-c
                      by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                      0 responses