Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DyanamicSRLines Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Paul, I installed the indicator DynamicSRlineswithPlotsNT8, unfortunately, it can't pick up the Values from the data box, it shows null(n/a), I also created a strategy, but all Values like DynamicSRLineswithPlotsNT81.R1[0] are equal to 0.

Can you help to check out it happens in your laptop too? or I need to make some configuration changes in my side? I am new in Ninjatrader and just don't know what to do. Thank you.

Comment

Hello 168822,

Thanks for your reply.

I would suggest applying the strategy to a chart connected to real-time or playback with market replay data.

In your strategy, add a print statement to print out the values of each plot. I expect that you will not get any values until the first real-time bar closes.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul, I will give it a try out.

Comment

Hi Paul,
          Found this post as I had a question about using Dynamic SR , which I downloaded from the ecosystem or from one of your associates in a forum post, with your Color Plot indicator 8. I wanted to know if I can use CTP for an indicator such as DynamicSR that has multiple plots?
          Thanks

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for your post.

To avoid confusion for anyone following or coming upon this thread, there are two indicators with similar names but with different outputs.

DynamicSRLines, which is what this thread is about, uses DrawObjects to draw the support and resistance horizontal rectangles and has no plots so for this indicator the ColorThePlotIndicator could not be used.

DynamicSRLineswithPlots as found in this thread does have hidden plots added but I would not use ColorThePlot (CTP) indicator with it as then the hidden plots would not be hidden. The purpose of the hidden plots was to provide values to strategies or market analyzer to use, as again the indicator uses draw objects and not plots for the lines.

DynamicSR does provide plots and yes technically you could use ColorThePlot indicator with DynamicSR as the input series. However, as a multiple plot indicator, you would have to use two copies of the colortheplot indicator to display, in this case, the two plots of Support and Resistance. (the same would be true for Bollinger, MACD, stochastics, etc. that have more than one plot and assuming you wanted to color all plots of the indictor (which is optional)) ColorThePlot indicator can only color one plot of most indicators and that is why you would need to use multiple instances of ColorThePlot.

Comment

Paul, thanks for the info. Question, is there a way to set alerts for DynamicSR for when the price crosses above R and below S as the indicator itself does not have alert property. I know within charts there is alert option which I haven't really gotten proficient at as I use 3rd party alerts for price . How would I set alert for a multiplot indicator in this manner? Much appreciate any help.

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for your reply.

There are two options:

1) Use the Chart Alerts.
                2) Create a strategy, using the strategy builder that does not place orders but does provide alerts.

Both options use a very similar conditions builder environment.

Comment

Thanks Paul I was able to configure alerts from charts. I used two, one each for S&R plots. A question I have now is there a way to save those alerts to quickly configure on other charts or when duplicating window or using a template for new chart?

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for your reply.

Please note that we are getting away from the thread subject as well as the thread-related Ninjatrader (7) so if you have further questions, please create a new thread in the correct forum.

To answer your questions, there are no means in Ninjatrader8 to save alerts or copy them to other charts. This would be an advantage of using the strategy builder to create a strategy that can be applied on any chart. The disadvantage of a strategy is that it has to be started/enabled after having been shut down.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post zstheorist  
                    Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes