Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to take partial profit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to take partial profit

Hi,
    I managed to built a strategy looking at videos. Now I want to have more than 1 cont and take partial profit at one point and leave the rest running.

Thx

Hello The Admiral,

There are a couple different way you may accomplish this. You may use an ATM Strategy and not define a profit target one the target orders you would like to remain a runner. To view an example of an ATM Strategy that is used inside of an Automated Strategy you may go to the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy and open up the SampleAtmStrategy.

You may also, use a signal name or each Entry() and Exit() order method to control how many contracts that you would like to sell after you condition. Note that you would have to set the Entries per direction and the Entry handling to take the different signal names, for example change the Entry Handing to "UniqueEntries".

Please note on this running if you manually exit out the position make sure to handle your strategy manually as well since the Strategy can be different from your Account position. You may view the following thread for an example of this.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the answer. My strategy I made is working well on the automated. I just want to add more cont and no how to put up the condition to take partial profit at some point.
      Is there a level 2 automated strategy webinar? Why when making the webinar, you dont add how to do this?

Comment

Hello The Admiral,

We do not have an Automated Strategy Development Level II webinar. The Automated Strategy Development Level I is suppose to be an introduction into the Strategy Wizard and the Strategy Analyzer so it will not go over any of the advanced methods.

I will forward this suggestion to our Educational department for future consideration.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes