Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

HELP separating the up and down fractals from bwfractals indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP separating the up and down fractals from bwfractals indicator

Hi everyone,

I'm new to NinjaTrader and am hoping someone can help me out with an indicator.

At present I use a FractalLevel indicator (attached) as per Bill Williams fractal pattern. This indicator displays both the up and down fractals. Basically I want to separate this into two separate indicators so that rather than having to look at every chart to see if the current price is between the up and down fractals I can have the up and down fractals displayed by two separate indicators, and can then run the market analyser and just say price < up fractal AND price > down fractal. Sounds easy.

I'm 100% sure that someone somewhere has done this before and might have a better suggestion, but for now just separating the indicator would be great! I've tried but without success.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

You could either set one of the plots to transparent when adding it to the chart or you would have to open up the indicator (tools -> edit NinjaScript -> Indicator -> FractalLevel)

Right click -> Save as -> Name it something like FractalUpperLevel
    Remove all uper/lower fractal plot info and repeat for the other side.

If you have no programming experience it might be easier after saving as to just keep the two duplicate indicators on your machine. You could then add them to a chart and set the defaults of one to be transparent for one side and reverse for the other. (right click the parameters -> save as default for...)

LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply Lance. I did have a go at editing the script by removing those parts relevant to the lower to only get the upper, and then starting fresh and doing the opposite. That was where I stuffed it up. Hoping if someone has 5mins they can help me out by saying what's relevant/essential etc. as I didn't have any luck with a few attempts so must have deleted the wrong bits of code.
      Thanks.

Comment

It might be easier to start fresh and save two duplicate indicators on your machine. You could then add them to a chart and set the defaults of one to be transparent for one side and reverse for the other. (right click the parameters -> save as default for...)

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses