Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Protecting dll files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protecting dll files

Hi Ninjas,

Since I bought a life-time license I'm able to protect dll assemblies with CliSecure, but now I have a question for a little deeper level of security:

Let's suppose I have an indicator protected through CliSecure as DLL, is it possible tecnically for someone to download my dll from my NT folders?

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

They still will have access to your files correct. When exporting them as a compiled assembly (.dll) file you are just basically making it so that no one is able to view your source code of your NinjaScript files.

Using a decompiler and other methods the assembly that you created are subject to the attempt of ways of veiwing the code. CliSecure is away of increasing your security by adding a higher level of security.

You may view the following Help Guide for more information.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Question:

If I successfully compile my code into dll through ClicSecure, and importe it again into my NT, will it work as it is the original code? or could it be there runtime errors, issues...etc ? Obviously I assume that it shouldn´t occur any error if original code runs ok, but I'd like to be aware is there's anything that I should be aware of.

Thanks

Comment

The code will run the same as it would if it was still in the open source format.

The only issue I'm aware of would be in regards to .net references that would require the same assembly be installed on the computer that exported this assembly.

If you were able to import it without problem then you shouldn't need to worry about this.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes