Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Jurbol BB Macd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jurbol BB Macd

This plots circles on the MACD line, up color and down color. The circles are a little large for my liking. How do I change the script to make circles smaller?

Hello rtj4201,

I'm not sure if there is suppose to be an attachment or supplied code.

If you are drawing with the ellipse you can change the size of the circle by changing the start Y, start Time, end Y, and end Time values.

If you are drawing a dot, the dot cannot be resized. A work around is to use draw text with a character that is a dot and increase the font size.

Please let me know what kind of circle we are working with.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Read title of post. I am referring to the indicator in the forum, Jurbol BB Macd.

Comment

The answer will remain the same. You need to edit the script as per post #2 to your liking.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

The indicator draws the dots on the indicator in a separate panel from the price panel. There is one dot per bar. I have no intention of changing every dot manually. Please tell me that the indicator script declares the dot size somewhere. If it doesn't then I really don't know what to tell you.

Comment

The indicator Jurbol BB Macd can be found in the forum to download.

Comment

Hello rtj4201,

This indicator is using a plot with a plot style of dot. The size of the dot can be increased/decreased by changing the pen width. This plot is the Macd plot and was initialized first. This means it is using Plots[0]. There is already a line setting the pen width in the this script. You will need to change the value of that width.

For example:
              Plots[0].Pen.Width = 2;

Below is a link to the Microsoft Developers Network documentation on Pen.
              http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...awing.pen.aspx

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.

Comment

Jurbol BB Macd V2 for Ninja 8

Hi!

This indicator is a masterpiece in my trading. Unfortunately I do not have knowledge about how the indicators work or are programmed.

My question is: the indicator will work with Ninja 8 as it is doing right now?

Thank you!

Alvaro

Comment

Hello,

I located the following item in the NT8 indicators section: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=7&linkid=707

It seems this was converted already.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                  JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your quick answer!
                    So you mean that installing the version provided in your previews links in the Ninja 8 version will work as it was doing before?

Comment

Hello,

You would need to confirm the result you see is the same as NT7, but this item was marked converted and the original author was referenced so this should be a Conversion of logic instead of new logic.

You can of course verify the equation is the same as you can see the source code for both the NT7 and NT8 versions. Some syntax has changed so it will look different but the actual math is likely identical so you can review the equation being used.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Until when NT7 will work? Im asking this because I prefer to continue with Ninja7 and the version of the indicator I have as many time as possible

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader 7 will be supported for the foreseeable future so it is safe to say that you can continue using it as usual and still receive the same support. There are no plans currently to end support for NInjaTrader 7.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Macd

Ninja helped me a few years ago. I need a simple MACD indie: When the MACD line crosses the MACD Average line I want the bars to change colors. Blue bars if MACD line crosses above MACD Average; Red Bars if MACD Line crosses below MACD Average.

I would like to be able to change inputs- 12/26/9, or others. thanks!! For NT7

Scottiep

Comment

Hello Scottiep,

In the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to build this script on your behalf.

To detect a cross above use CrossAbove(IndicatorA, IndicatorB, 1);.

CrossAbove - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...crossabove.htm
                              CrossBelow - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...crossbelow.htm

To color a bar on the chart, use BarColor.

This script does appear simple enough that this could be made with the point and click interface of the Strategy Wizard. (And the code copied to an indicator if desired)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes