Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple Instrument Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Instrument Indicator

Hello,

New to NT. I am trying to build a multiple Instrument Indicator (e.g all stocks in the dow). This indicator will use all 30 stocks to create a single result. I thought the BarsArray collection would help so I have tried to use the Add() function. Unfortunately, in an indicator, you use the IndicatorBase Add(). BarsArray uses the StrategyBase Add(). I haven't been able to successfully use a StrategyBase Add() function in an Indicator.

So... I am a little stuck now. Am I going down the correct path (using BarsArray) or is there other functionality available?

Thanks...
    Paul

Indicators do not support multi instruments at this time. Only strategies do.

Comment

From inside a strategy can you plot an indicator based on the prices of multiple instruments?

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported.

Comment

Any plans for this?
          Think you will be the first in the market. This is where all the TA programs bail out.

Why is this interesting? Well if you could devide the large cap's by the small caps index it gives you a good indication whenever to trade large caps or small caps.

However I would be able to read additional Yahoo data if I program a Yahoo data get into C#. That would give me the ability to have the NT quotes and my own external data source for the second instrument or index?

Is this assumtion correct?

Wessel

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Unfortunately this is not supported.

Comment

NT7 (beta end of this year) will support multi series indicators.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              NT7 (beta end of this year) will support multi series indicators.
              Thats fantastic Dierk. Can I just suggest to PLEASE do something that we will be able to use this to also simply plot 2 different instruments on the same chart. I don't really understand how we got to this point with retail software with it being virtually easier to plot the cylces of the moon than to plot 2 instruments and then do simple correlations.

Comment

NT7 will also support multi-series on a chart.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this. There are a lot of uses I can think of, specifically with commodity spot prices and ETFs.

For example, assuming the spot price of gold or oil changes slightly quicker than corressponding ETFs such as GLD or USO it would be useful to trade the ETF using indicators on the spot price, potentially giving a time advantage over other traders...

Another example would be trading gold ETFs using a strategy that incorporates indicators from the USDX etc.

Something like [instrument name].[indicator name].parameter that could be accessed as global variables in NinjaScript would be extremely useful!

Comment

This is fantastic news. Might even be able to make your own versions of NYSE TICK like neoticker then.
                    This should really put a nail in the coffin of the competition.
                    Hats off to you guys for laying the groundwork for an unbeatable product and having some long term vision unlike basically every other piece of software I've tried.

Comment

Plotting Second Instrument

Is there any examples of simple NT7 code that would plot a second instrument in a new panel on my chart.

Comment

I wanted to let you know that we recieved your note and will be assisting shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

vt2009, you could check into for example the pairs indicator Tim shared on our forums -

The code however does not plot the added instrument, it just becomes accessible for calculations internally in the code.

If you want to plot this indicator on a MultiSeries chart, you need to create the chart with all your desired series and then for example apply the indicator to your primary chart series.
                          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                          10 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Leafcutter  
                          Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes