Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for Indicator for support/resistence levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Indicator for support/resistence levels

Hey guys, I am looking for a good indicator to use for intraday trading that displays major support and resistance levels for the past few days/weeks/hours. What would you guys recommend from the forum?

I use this indicator, which I have coded.

I prefer floor pivots or the symmetrical version of floor pivots, which is called Jackson Zones. Also have a look at the noise bands as breakout points and the average daily range expectation.

Comment

Price Action rules

Hi,

Here is a more reliable way to find S/R (as everybody can see them), but also more time consuming .

If you trade RTH, just use prior day H/L/C, current week H/L and prior week H/L/C. On Friday's/towards end of week can also use Open of current week as S/R.
      Indicators for that available.

In addition mark gaps on daily RTH chart. Like C of prior day and L of gap day (if gap up).

If prior day is trend or reversal bar on daily chart, 33,50 and 66% retraces work well too as pullback traders enter around these levels.

If you're more into price action, when you see spike and channel pattern, the start of the channel is almost always S/R.

Can trade plenty of breakout pullbacks and failed breakouts off that.

Cheers

Thomas
      Last edited by td_910; 05-30-2013, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by td_910 View Post
        Hi,

Here is a more reliable way to find S/R (as everybody can see them), but also more time consuming .

If you trade RTH, just use prior day H/L/C, current week H/L and prior week H/L/C. On Friday's/towards end of week can also use Open of current week as S/R.
        Indicators for that available.

In addition mark gaps on daily RTH chart. Like C of prior day and L of gap day (if gap up).

If prior day is trend or reversal bar on daily chart, 33,50 and 66% retraces work well too as pullback traders enter around these levels.

If you're more into price action, when you see spike and channel pattern, the start of the channel is almost always S/R.

Can trade plenty of breakout pullbacks and failed breakouts off that.

Cheers

Thomas
        I also do gap analysis, but it is a little bit more complex than prior highs, lows and closes or the floor pivots. Attached is a sample chart with open gaps for GC.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
          its as simple as HLC of Y, see ES 2000 tick ETH chart from 5/29. I marked LOY (low of Yesterday) and channels. Can take plenty of S trades at LOY.

Same today on ES 2000t chart, just put COY and HOY line on ETH chart, there are countless examples every day.

Or NQ 5min RTH chart today, Brs at COY and breakout test HOY.
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Cheers

Thomas

Comment

Hi,
            i am looking for an indicator that show the support / resistance level if you please tell me.
            Thanks

Comment

Hello Hasaan,

Have you tried the "Swing" indicator that comes default with NinjaTrader? This should give you some recent levels which you can use as support /resistance.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande  
              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes