Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to include an indicator into a strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to include an indicator into a strategy?

please provide me with a link/links explaining how to hardcode/include a custom indicator into a strategy.

Hello,

Information on using indicators within strategies can be found here:

We also have Premium Paid Educational events where you will join a NinjaScript expert for a pair of 6 hour long intensive courses designed to provide you with an in depth look at programming indicators and automated strategies through the use of NinjaScript:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/PremiumEducation.php

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript on your own, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.

A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

You will fine Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities please let me know and I can assist you with finding a NinjaScript consultant.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

is there a really simple way to do it?

at present the only was i know how to place indicators on a strategy analyzer graph is by manually clicking on the graph and selecting it from an indicator dropdown list.

i was hoping that a line or two of code in a strategy would do the job automatically [ie] apply indicators to the graph. [eg] the syntax for such an indicator loading line of code might be something like LoadIndicator(indicator name).

if such a feature is not available to me i will have to hire programming assistance because i have absolutely no understanding of the suggestions presented in the reply to my original question in this thread. [no reflection on the reply, it was very thorough, detailed and much appreciated]

Comment

Hi Joe, I would then suggest checking into this tip - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3228
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the link you have provided appears to be exactly what I need

thanks a whole lot Bertrand. the link you have provided appears to be exactly what I need to get off dead center. i will start to try to familiarize myself with the details of the concept in the tip.

much appreciated.

Comment

Add(SMA(14)) works but Add(HeikenAshi) does not work?

for practice I added the following line of code to my strategy and it worked [ie] a simple 14 day moving average was automatically added to the chart.
            Add(SMA(14));

then for more practice I tried
            Add(HeikenAshi);
            and got a bunch of errors...probably needs some parms, etc. specified somehow?

please advise me regarding what I should do next [e.g.] links to study material, study the heikenashi code to maybe figure out what to do, etc.
            Thanks,
            Joe Miller

Comment

Code:
              Add(HeikenAshi());
              Originally posted by joemiller View Post
              for practice I added the following line of code to my strategy and it worked [ie] a simple 14 day moving average was automatically added to the chart.
              Add(SMA(14));

then for more practice I tried
              Add(HeikenAshi);
              and got a bunch of errors...probably needs some parms, etc. specified somehow?

please advise me regarding what I should do next [e.g.] links to study material, study the heikenashi code to maybe figure out what to do, etc.
              Thanks,
              Joe Miller

Comment

once more, many many thanks.

worked like a charm. once more, many many thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post frankthearm  
                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NRITV