Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawLine DateTime begin DateTime End question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawLine DateTime begin DateTime End question

I want to draw a line at a certain Y value with a StartTime at the beginning of the session and ending on the current bar.

In DateTIme format, how would I characterize the start of Oil futures at the beginning of the session and the end time on the current bar? It seems tricky as after the session passes through midnight, the BeginTIme will be yesterday????

Also, I think this means that the DrawLine tag will have to have a unique string which relates to the session number and not "CurrentBar". Is there a way to do that?

regards,
    taddypole...

Hello taddypole,

You may want to use the "GetNextBeginEnd" to be able to get the beginning and end times of a Session so that you may draw your line.

As for the tag, if you are only going to be drawing one line per session you may want to use the "Date" or "DateTime" of the beginning or end to help with a unique identifier.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you JC...

I looked at this method, but it seems that at a given time if I use this method I get the "next" begin/end time. It seems I need the "Current" begin time of the current session to start my DrawLine.

Am I reading this correctly? If oil starts at 5:00 PM and I read a bar at 9:00 PM, is the "next" begin time 5:00 PM the next day or is it 5:00 PM of the current day?

Comment

Hello Taddypole,

It would be the Current Day still. So if you checked it after the start of the Session template the Session start will be the current Session.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        0 responses
        1 view