Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Opening Range Indicator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Range Indicator question

Currently using the Opening Range 4 indicator and wanted to find out if anyone can create horizontal lines x number above or below the Open High and Low on this indicator.
    Kinda new to Ninjatrader

Originally posted by petep View Post
    Currently using the Opening Range 4 indicator and wanted to find out if anyone can create horizontal lines x number above or below the Open High and Low on this indicator.
    Kinda new to Ninjatrader
    In the NT 7 Indicator board section.

Comment

Yes its in the NT 7 Section and attached also, hope ya can help
      Attached Files

Comment

The initial balance range bands indicator allows you

- to select the start time and duration of the opening range
        - to plot three lines above and below the opening range (default setting +-50%, +-100% +- 200%)
        - to plot the night session range

Source: https://www.bigmiketrading.com/downl...load.html?view

Chart attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey Harry, thanks for the heads up on the initial balance range indicator.
          When I put this indicator on (as default), the lines appear way off to what I need it for.
          I did try to change the settings on it but call me dumb and nothing worked to replicate what I want.
          On the screenshot attached, the Black dotted line is the night session to morning open high and low line and all I need is a horizontal line x number of points above the overnight high and x number below the overnight low and a RTH Open.
          BTW, the black dotted line is the BZVOpeningRange4 Indicator
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey Harry, thanks for the heads up on the initial balance range indicator.
            When I put this indicator on (as default), the lines appear way off to what I need it for.
            I did try to change the settings on it but call me dumb and nothing worked to replicate what I want.
            On the screenshot attached, the Black dotted line is the night session to morning open high and low line and all I need is a horizontal line x number of points above the overnight high and x number below the overnight low and a RTH Open.
            BTW, the black dotted line is the BZVOpeningRange4 Indicator
            You need to change the indicator settings. I assume that you use an ETH session template that starts at 5:00 PM. As shown on your chart, the indicator has set the opening range at 5:00 PM Central. Obviously this is not what you want, as the opening range should start 9:30 AM EST.

Please set "Session # for RTH" to "First" (your template only has one session per day) and then enter a Period Offset of "+ 15:30" to shift the start of the opening range from 6:00 PM EST to 9:30 AM EST. You will now see the correct RTH open and the opening range as selected. Also set Pre-Session to "Full" and the indicator will display the night session high and low.

The indicator does not yet plot any lines above and below the night session range. This could be easily added however, by modifying the code.
            Last edited by Harry; 05-27-2013, 03:11 AM.

Comment

It now plots the Pre-High and Pre-Low which is same as the BZVOpeningRange4 Indicator but still looking for the x number of points above and below the Pre-High/Low...wish I was a coder

Comment

It now plots the Pre-High and Pre-Low which is same as the BZVOpeningRange4 Indicator but still looking for the x number of points above and below the Pre-High/Low...wish I was a coder
                You could try here. In some case it works.

I've attached the indicators and will provide links as well. I'm also attaching a screenshot that shows both components of the smittyMASlopeMonitor more clearly than the previous post. The SmittyMASlopeMonitor indicator window has two main things it displays, which wasn't obvious from the original screenshot. It paints the background of the indicator window, which is either uptrend or downtrend. The other that thing that it prints is 5 moving averages. I changed the colors of the moving averages …

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ryjoga