Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Slope of Hull MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slope of Hull MA

I would like to plot as an indicator on my chart the slope of a Hull MA. Since I don't know code I would need to import this or use the Wizard. I tried importing the KrauseSlope indicator but got a message that Ninja already had a newer version of it. However I could not find it listed under indicators.

Hi Bkout,

Thank you for posting.

I was able to find an indicator for getting the slope of the Hull Moving Average.

I have attached it below. You will need to download and import it into NinjaTrader.

To Import

* Download the indicator to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    * From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
    * Select the downloaded .zip file
    * NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for that Cal. Looks like what I'm looking for but I think I must be confused about a setting somewhere. On this ES 15 min chart you can see the slower 351 period Hull correctly change color from blue to purple when it starts falling. The SlopeOfHMA should cross the zero line at the same point. However it looks like there is a one bar delay. I tried setting the EndBarsAgo to zero which was not accepted and changing the Calculate on bar Close to False which didn't seem to matter. Is there a way to eliminate the delay? http://screencast.com/t/hyIXRDFmu

Comment

Hi Bkout,

Thank you for the picture.

The indicator is already taking the HMA of the instrument and determining the slope.

If you put the input series back to the ES instrument you should have the correct calculation on the slope for the indicator.

The Period parameter will be the period for the HMA calculation.

The start bar and end bar will allow you to put in a look back period of the slope you are looking for.

Once these settings are set you should have an indicator that will plot a slope of the HMA of the instruments on chart.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for straightening me out on that Cal. I did find however that I was still getting a one bar delay on the zero line cross. The workaround to fix that seems to be to use a displacement value of -1 which then lines things up properly as you can see. http://screencast.com/t/hqOcSReBz3P

Comment

Hi Bkout,

Thanks for the update!

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
            0 responses
            1 view