Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem using IText with non-integer valued instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem using IText with non-integer valued instrument

Hi everyone

Mainly to find the best bar to 'anchor' a regression channel - it's an adaptation of mine of an existing one - I've worked up a simple indicator (code below) which numbers the bars on a chart. The first bar of each session = 0, etc. This could be useful for a number of purposes.

Code:
    private int level =1600;

IText text = DrawText("My text" + CurrentBar,Bars.BarsSinceSession.ToString(), 0, [B]Level[/B], Color.Black);
    The variable Level gives the height on the chart the text will appear. So there's no problem for an integer-valued instrument, such as the ES or any stock.

The problem arises with Forex charts, such as EUR/USD which is obviously a decimal (currently about 1.3060), as the appropriate parameter in IText can only be an integer. (From Help: "Y = An int value representing the y value of the draw object.)

Is there some kind of workaround for this? If I want the text to appear at level = 1.3060, say, is there any way of doing this?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Hello arbuthnot,

Thank you for your note.

IText is used to call the objects of the DrawText() method, so you could say Print(text.Y); and that would print the Y value of the DrawText() object "text".

However, when using DrawText() the Y value can in fact be a double: Syntax - DrawText(string tag, string text, int barsAgo, double y, Color color)

For information on DrawText() please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/drawtext.htm
    For information on IText objects please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../nt7/itext.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks very much, Patrick. That works a treat!

The answer was, as you said, to use DrawText.

Much obliged.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post Skifree
      by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
      0 responses