Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

exporting file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exporting file

Why it is that when I tried to export a file it will also include the assembly that are being installed in Ninja?

Hello edward_bell,

Thank you for your post.

Are you indicating that the assemblies on your end are included in your exported assembly or source files that you send to another user?

If so, then you need to create a clean development environment free of any custom assemblies. This can be as simple as shutting down NinjaTrader and renaming the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder to something like MyNinjaTrader 7 > then restart NinjaTrader and then develop and export the files.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello edward_bell,

Thank you for your post.

Are you indicating that the assemblies on your end are included in your exported assembly or source files that you send to another user?

If so, then you need to create a clean development environment free of any custom assemblies. This can be as simple as shutting down NinjaTrader and renaming the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder to something like MyNinjaTrader 7 > then restart NinjaTrader and then develop and export the files.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yes it is being included and I couldn't import it to other Ninja because it is asking for the assembly that is present on my Ninja. And I tried to rename my NinjaTrader just like your example but I could renamed it unfortunately.

Comment

I have attached a sample image on it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello edward_bell,

Thank you for you response.

This means you must create a clean installation for your development environment.

Please shut down NinjaTrade > go to the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents > rename the NinjaTrader 7 folder to NinjaTrader 7.OLD > then go to the Windows Start Menu > Control Panel > Programs and Features > NinjaTrader 7 > uninstall > then reinstall from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Once complete you will have to directories: (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7.OLD and NinjaTrader 7. Use the new NinjaTrader 7 directory for your development of files to export. You can switch between the two by shutting down NinjaTrader and renaming the development directory to NinjaTrader 7.Dev and then NinjaTrader 7.OLD to NinjaTrader 7.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

If I uninstall ninja does my custom indicator and strategies will remain?

Comment

Hello edward_bell,

Thank you for your response.

As long as you do not delete the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folders you will not lose your indicators or strategies ( as well as you charts, settings and files).

Comment

Ok but I couldn't rename the folder NinjaTrader7 in my documents.

Comment

Hello edward_bell,

Thank you for your response.

Were you running NinjaTrader when you attempted to re-name the folder? If so, this is why you could not re-name it. If not, then you may have another program running that is scanning or using that folder such as security or backup software.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby