Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator doesn't work on all instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator doesn't work on all instruments

This is a very weird problem. I have an indicator which divides up bars into blue bars (long bias), red bars, (short bias), and yellow bars (undecided). I also added a variable to assign a numerical value to each of these bars so I can use the indicator in a strategy. Recently I noticed that the first blue bar in a series is a good point to initiate a trade if a few other circumstances are also present. I wrote another indicator which simply places a dot on the chart, sends an alert and sounds an alert for the firsts blue bar, or the first red bar. The indicator compiled fine, but when I put it on a chart, the only instrument it works on is the YM chart. It is on three other charts but doesn't seem to do anything on any of the other charts. I have verified that all charts are running the same indicators and using the same type of bars, yet, I only see the dots and get the alerts on the YM chart. How could this be?
    I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this since I've examined the charts, the indicators, and restarted everything, twice.
    I've attached a couple of pictures to highlight the issue.
    DaveN
    Attached Files

Hi daven,

Thanks for your note.

I would like to test this indicator on my end to explore what may be causing the issue.

Please export the indicator and then attach the export to either your next post if you are comfortable with the indicator being public or email the indicator export as an attachment to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com if you would like to keep this indicator private. If so, please write Attn: Chelsea #861492 in the body of the email.

To export your script do the following:
    1. Click File -> Utilities -> Export NinjaScript
    2. Enter a unique name for the file in the value for 'File name:'
    3. Select the strategy from the objects list on the left -> click the right facing arrow ">" to add the strategy to the export
    4. Click the 'Export' button -> click 'yes' to add any referenced indicators to the export -> click OK to clear the export location message

By default your exported file will be in the following location:
    • (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/Custom/ExportNinjaScript/<export_file_name.zip>

Below is a link to the help guide on Exporting NinjaScripts.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well I don't know what happened but I shut NT down, reset my computer, ran my maintenance program, system mechanic, repaired a few problems, then restarted my computer and NT and now the indicator is running and working on all four charts. I am sorry to have bothered you, but it appears that voodoo has helped me out today.
      Thanks again,
      DaveN

Comment

Hi daven,

Thanks for the update about this. I am glad everything is working correctly now.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance for you.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes