Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fibonacci Zone Pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci Zone Pivots

hie ,

i found an intresting study about fib zones which are usefull for the intraday supports and resistances . can any body can develop the pivots by using following conditions .

FibZone Pivots
    Pivot Point (PP) = (H+L+C)/3
    Daily Range (DR) = (H-L)
    First Resistance (Rl) = PP + 0.5*DR
    Second Resistance (R2) = PP + DR
    First Support (Sl) = PP - 0.5*DR
    Second Resistance (S2) = PP - DR
    Resistance Band (RB 1) = PP + 0.61 8*DR
    Support Band (SB 1) = PP - 0.6 18*DR
    Resistance Band (RB2) = PP + 1.382*DR
    Support Band (SB2) = PP - 1.382*DR

Hello traderin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

You may wish to contact one of our Certified NinjaScript Consultants to discuss your requirements: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants

Otherwise, someone on the forum may be able to develop this project for you.

If you are interested in developing this yourself we have Premium Paid Educational events where you will join a NinjaScript expert for a pair of 6-8 hour long intensive courses designed to provide you with an in depth look at programming indicators and automated strategies through the use of NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/PremiumEducation.php

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript on your own, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.

A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies below:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by traderin View Post
      hie ,

i found an intresting study about fib zones which are usefull for the intraday supports and resistances . can any body can develop the pivots by using following conditions .

FibZone Pivots
      Pivot Point (PP) = (H+L+C)/3
      Daily Range (DR) = (H-L)
      First Resistance (Rl) = PP + 0.5*DR
      Second Resistance (R2) = PP + DR
      First Support (Sl) = PP - 0.5*DR
      Second Resistance (S2) = PP - DR
      Resistance Band (RB 1) = PP + 0.61 8*DR
      Support Band (SB 1) = PP - 0.6 18*DR
      Resistance Band (RB2) = PP + 1.382*DR
      Support Band (SB2) = PP - 1.382*DR
      Hi traderin,

You are talking about the JacksonZones, which is a variation of the floor pivots. PP, R2 and S2 are identical with the levels of the floor pivots. R1 and S1 are symmetrical for the Jackson Zones, while the floor pivots have asymmetrical levels R1 and S1.

I have developed a variety of JacksonZones indicators. In fact there is a free version on this forum, which can be found here:

Please set the indicator to "Jackson" (default setting is "Floor").

Jackson Zones rely on the correct choice of the high, low and the close (settlement for futures). For some instruments such as FOREX you should use ETH (full session) high, low and close to calculate them. For other instruments such as index or commodity futures you would consider calculating them from the regular session only. Also when calculating ETH pivots for CME traded instruments, you have to take into account that there are 6 double-day sessions per year.

To make correct use of the above indicator, please follow the instructions and set up appropriate session templates that reflect the trading hours and the time zone of the exchange where the instrument is traded. You will obtain

RTH pivots - use a RTH only session tempalte, or use a template with three sessions per day where applicable and calculate pivots from the second, regular session
      ETH pivots - use a ETH template or a three session ETH template

Generally for futures, it is recommended to use a datafeed that comes with the settlement data instead of the last traded price for the close (such as Kinetick), then calculate the Jackson Zones by using the settlement price, as this is the only official price for the close published by the larger futures exchanges.

JacksonZones are available as daily, weekly and monthly JacksonZones.

If you need a more sophisticated indicator with further options, such as N-day rolling JacksonZones and projections for next day, then I also have a (commercial) version available.

Attached are two charts showing regular (calculated from regular session high, low & settlement price) Jackson Zones for ES 09-13 for yesterday and today. The indicator also comes with the pivot range, which is obtained by mirroring the central pivot (yesterday's midline) around the main floor or Jackson pivot PP.

Do not hesitate to post here, if you have any questions regarding the SessionPivots and how to use them..
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks harry i will use it on my instruments and reply you

Comment

I always seem to find the first day of the week has the previous weeks floor trader pivots until Tuesday. Then everything is golden and correct!

I have tried different settings...I use CQG realtime data and have found that it works perfectly on the intra-day charts...but the problem is only when plotting weekly pivots on the Daily chart.

Any ideas plz?

Bonds

Comment

Hello tradethebonds,

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide a screenshot of this item on your daily chart?

For information on how the Pivots indicator plots in NinjaTrader please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4676

Comment

Thank u for taking the time to respond.

My chart is here plz.

Bonds

Comment

Hello tradethebonds,

Thank you for your response.

There is no close for Monday until 3:15 PM Central, so you will not see the Pivots update for the week until Monday's close.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thank u.

But with 3 beautiful weekly bars already closed...I was trying to get the current weeks levels based on those price values...So I guess my answer is to have an indicator based on Weekly bars not Daily bars huh?

Appreciate any help.

Bonds

Comment

Hello tradethebonds,

The Weekly bar closes on Friday so you would not have an update for the current week until Friday.

Comment

I was referring to the last 3 weeks bar closes...the last one closed on last Friday.

I think the indicator should have the ability to select from weekly data and daily data.

Any ideas how to implement plz?

Comment

Hello tradethebonds,

Right click in your chart > select Indicators > select the Pivots indicators on your chart > scroll up on the right side to the Parameters section and set the PriorDayHLC to DailyBars and PivotRangeType to Daily > OK.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks.
                          But why... I want the pivots from the last 3 weekly bars. For weekly pivots.

The only option in this Pivot indicator will not do this...your suggestion is not helpful.

But I appreciate the attention none the less.

Bonds

Comment

Originally posted by tradethebonds View Post
                            Thank u for taking the time to respond.

My chart is here plz.

Bonds
                            If you set the indicator to CalculateOnBarClose = false on Mondays, it should solve the problem. However, this may increase the CPU load caused by the indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by tradethebonds View Post
                              Thanks.
                              But why... I want the pivots from the last 3 weekly bars. For weekly pivots.

The only option in this Pivot indicator will not do this...your suggestion is not helpful.

But I appreciate the attention none the less.

Bonds
                              I have noticed that you have sent me a private message, a copy of which was sent to me via e-mail. Due to the current forum dysfunction I cannot reply to private messages. Would you mind sending me another private message with your e-mail (a copy of the private message will be sent to my e-mail account) and I will then be able to respond you.

Harry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes