Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't make indicator "PriorDayOHLC" plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your update.

That would be the exact same item I see on my end with the files you uploaded. i recommend recreating these files in NinjaTrader and testing them once more to see if this occurs again.

Comment

do you mean delete the old ones & then start from scratch via tools/New NinjaScript/indicator & strategy?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your response.

You can copy and paste the information into a new indicator or strategy, or you can delete the files and re-create them. You may end having to delete the files and re-create them after all but you can try the first method to be sure.

Comment

Hello Partrick,
          I recreated everything from scratch…and now everything seems to be working ok. However, one issue puzzles me. Output from Print statements with time stamps go from start to end date as expected, but then repeat, suggesting that the program logic flow is repeating. However Analyzer chart, graph and tables output goes nicely from start date to end date…just once? There are some other inconsistencies in the output window within the main issue of concern that are not described here.

I am satisfied with the situation as long as Analyzer chart, graph and tables output is as it should be. I would like to ignore the output window question for now if it continues to be of just minor concern. Is that wise, or should I address the problem now?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your response.

If there are more important matters to address in the code first I would go that route, however the debug process may take different directions and you may need to repeat steps several times to ensure you are producing the desired results.

Were you able to resolve the system crash when these NinjaScript files are loaded?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

After I recreated everything from scratch the system crash problem went away ... so your advice to recreate worked. I guess we will never know where I had gone wrong.

it makes sense to me, too, to ignore for now the output window question.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post love2code2trade