Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Triggered Trade Duration Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggered Trade Duration Timer

Hi,

I want to create a custom indicator that will trigger a timer on my chart when a entry is executed. Once I'm in the trade I want to be able see exactly how long I've been in the trade in min:secs. There are external solutions that I could track down and use to do this but it would would require me to look away from the action while I start it etc so I want this to be automated and accurate. Is this technically possible with ninjascript? Obviously NT already tracks each individual trade duration because the avg time in market etc is available under account performance.

Thanks

Originally posted by PaulMcG View Post
    ... Is this technically possible with ninjascript? ...

Thanks
    Eminently, just to answer the question.

Comment

OK guys I was hoping for some direction so I could try and figure it out myself from there. I'm not a proficient ninjascript coder but I have managed to hack away at indicators, code snippets, examples etc in the past and made them do what I needed.

That said those of you who have PM'd me already and those of you who provide coding services that can complete this indicator PM me if you have a fee and I will consider outsourcing this. To be honest though I would nearly prefer to learn how to do this myself and plug away at it today but if some of you will do this for a reasonable fee I'll probably go that route.

Comment

Hello PaulMcG,

Thank you for your post.

As Koganam mentioned, this is possible in NinjaScript. It seems several of our Support Forum users have contacted you on possible solutions and services (thanks to all of you who have done this).

You can create a custom timer in NinjaScript to facilitate this. You can find an example by going to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > BarTimer.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB