Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Did I make a big mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I make a big mistake?

Okay,

So I created a simple indicator that would plot a percentage of the ATR.

I went to change it today and then when I compiled it wouldn't compile giving me an error with no information.

After screwing around for too long, I thought this is ridiculous I could have started from scratch and just redone the indicator by now.

So I redo the indicator from scratch the way I want it and go to compile it and it gives me the exact same error. Now I am really confused.

So I redo the indicator (with the wizard) except this time I leave everything the same and don't change anything to see if it's something I am screwing up. The indicator won't compile giving me the same error (I wish I would have written down the error code but when I clicked on it it had no information so I figured it was some generic error).

So now I am really confused. I decided maybe somehow my original indicator got corrupted while I was trying to change it. So I decide to delete the two screwed up indicators. So I go two the first one and try to delete it and NT won't let me delete it (I have never had that happen before!) It says that it is being referenced by other indicators, which is ridiculous I know for a fact that is not true. So I go to the references for the indicator and delete the references that I know are not using it. Then I delete the indicator. Then I do the same for the other indicator. Then I go into Documents/NT....etc and remove one of the indicators but the other one wasn't listed in the folder to delete.

So now I realize when I try to create any indicator now, they won't compile. I go to do the most simple indicator and same thing. Then I open an indicator already working and try to compile it and it won't compile! So nothing compiles now without the error with a listing of ninjascript file indicators that are missing a reference, which by the way are not the same as the two I deleted and the two I deleted that I wrote aren't being referenced by the indicators listed in the error CS0246 I am getting.

Now I can't get any of my indicators to compile...and somehow I think I have screwed everything up. How in the world can I not delete my own indicators that are not related to anything or any other indicator and have all these issues?

Anybody have a clue what is going on, or even if you don't.......how to fix what I have apparently completely screwed up? This is really weird.

Thanks for your help,
    David

Hello David,

Thank you for your post.

When one indicator or strategy has an error then no NinjaScript files can be compiled until that one error is resolved. This is why when creating a new indicator the same error occurs each time.

In some cases the indicator itself is not referenced by others but there may be conflicts in the name with other files.

After compiling your NinjaScript files again please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to this thread.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Patrick,

Thanks for your help.

I deleted the two files that were having issues. What I noticed now is no indicator will compile. I can select an indicator that even came with ninjatrader and it won't compile now.

Does it matter which indicator you would like me to try to compile? Or any indicator, they all give the same error.

David

Comment

Hello David,

Thank you for your response.

All indicators are compiled together, it does not matter which one you compile. After compiling your NinjaScript files again please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to this thread.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Patrick I sent an email with id and pass for quick support thanks!

Comment

Hello David,

Thank you for your time today.

There was another Config.XMl file in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader folder that had incorrect references. Once I switched the Config.XML file to your correct file the NinjaScript files compiled correctly.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks so much Patrick for figuring that out!
              David

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes