Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator that predicts the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator that predicts the future

I would like an indicator to tell me what the next 10 bars will be with, oh, 90-95% accuracy would be fine. Then I can make a few million and be done with this silly trading game. :-)
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

I might take a crack at that if the bars are only 1 tick bars. Yeah, but don't you think if someone developed such an indicator, it might cost a few million? Keep up the good fight, cassb, slow and steady wins the trading race
    whitmark
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Originally posted by whitmark View Post
      I might take a crack at that if the bars are only 1 tick bars. Yeah, but don't you think if someone developed such an indicator, it might cost a few million? Keep up the good fight, cassb, slow and steady wins the trading race
      Hehe... of course I was just kidding. But really... in trying this trading gig for about 18 months now (and losing all of my 70K in risk capital), it seems that people are scraping and clawing for some 'edge' that will outsmart the market (i.e. everyone else who's trading). But all an indicator can tell you is what already happened. I have not come up with a strategy yet that doesn't lose money right out of the gate. The market is so capricious, unpredictable, fickle, erratic (do you detect any frustration yet ) -- I guess I am just trying to find something other than "luck" at work with the successful people, but am running out of possibilities.

Sorry, we're getting outside the scope of this forum. I just thought I'd throw a little humor into things -- some days, you just have to laugh.
      cassb

Comment

No doubt, many others feel the same frustrations. Fwiw, some of the best and most consistently profitable traders I've had the pleasure to meet prefer leading price action to lagging indicators, discretion to automation, and simplicity to complexity, but above all they stress the need for discipline. I can't think of a better trading platform to develop these skills than NinjaTrader.

Regards,

Whitmark
        whitmark
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Originally posted by cassb View Post
          trying this trading gig for about 18 months now (and losing all of my 70K in risk capital),
          You may not find your edge in this article, but at least you will know which kind of trader you are:
          The Winners and Losers of the Zero-Sum Game:. The Origins of Trading Profits

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! You're right, I am becoming more and more convinced that indicators are not the end-all answer to what I need as a trader (albeit in SIM mode for now ). And thanks for the article link, thrunner -- I will take a look at that today. Actually, I just ordered a book from Amazon.com:

I think that will help me quite a bit. The problem here is not the market or the indicators, it's me.
            cassb

Comment

Read "Trading in the Zone"

We just recently had Mark Douglas, the author of "Trading in the Zone" come into our trading room and give us a webinar on trading. It was very good and the book will help you understand yourself and trading a lot better.

Comment

Excellent info thrunner, thanks.

Comment

Since we're talking about books, I'd take a look at Curtis Faith's Way of the Turtle: http://www.amazon.com/Way-Turtle-Met.../dp/007148664X if you haven't already. The way you quoted 'edge' makes me think you aren't quite sure what it is. It is a very concrete thing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post funk10101  
                  Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jeronymite