Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

accessing indicator values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accessing indicator values

I am trying to determine what the value for a given indicator is X bars back.

I realize I can do that with SMA(4)[x] for a simple moving average, or EMA(4)[x] for an exponential, but what if I do not know ahead of time if I am dealing with an EMA or an SMA, RSI, etc...

Basically I want my indicator to function on data displayed on the chart without knowing ahead of time what that data is based on, or what the settings for that indicator are.

So is there a way to get a list of applied indicators for the plot that an indicator is on as well as their inputs?

I've tried a bunch of different search queries without luck.

Hello james_roe,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

I do not understand the context of the code that you are trying to pull values from, can you provide a sample of the code and more information on what you are attempting to do here?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

My script checks for divergence basically between the price and a secondary dataset like the MACD or the RSI.

I do not necessarily know what this second dataset is ahead of time, it could be stochastic it could be RSI, it could be MACD, or a custom MACD.

So I would like to know how to determine what indicator is applied to a plot, and what the settings are for that indicator, so that I can determine what that indicators value is on a specific bar.

Comment

Originally posted by james_roe View Post
        My script checks for divergence basically between the price and a secondary dataset like the MACD or the RSI.

I do not necessarily know what this second dataset is ahead of time, it could be stochastic it could be RSI, it could be MACD, or a custom MACD.

So I would like to know how to determine what indicator is applied to a plot, and what the settings are for that indicator, so that I can determine what that indicators value is on a specific bar.
        Almost same thread title: definitely same answer, at least by me.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=52225

Comment

Hello james_roe,

Thank you for your response.

For accessing indicator values you can find details on the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4769

Koganam provides additional methods in the thread referenced in their post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexAuCost