Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Could not be deserialized : There is an error in XML Document (1,2038).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not be deserialized : There is an error in XML Document (1,2038).

Just wanted to share a solution for a problem that may accure while you're developing or updating an indicator.

The Issue : Error message : NinjaTrader.Indicator.xxx could not be deserialized : There is an error in XML Document (1,2038)

The cause of the problem is that you saved your indicator's settings as default then you changed the indicator setting during development or due to update and the old saved as default setting are no more valid/available.

Solution:
    All you need to do is to ignore the error message and double click your indicator to add it to the chart , then right click and " Set as default for ..." to overwrite the old settings.

This as well leads me to a question on to how to delete old indicator's "saved as default " setting?
    Last edited by bassam; 11-09-2013, 12:11 AM.

Hello bassam,

Thanks for your post.

You can remove default settings for indicators by deleting its XML file under the following directory in Windows.
    (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Indicator
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Error in XLM document (1, 839)

I am also having issues with the message - Chart series 'Custom4' could not be deserialized: There is an error in XLM document (1, 839). I had issues with a 2nd computer. I tried to move files from one computer to another. The program made it to the last 5 seconds and a message said that the program needed to abort. I tried deleting the file in the default file in the documents:\Ninjatrader\folder - but this did not remedy the problem. The two files are attached: trace and log. --

Thanks,
      PanamaJack
      Attached Files

Comment

PanamaJack, looks like one type could be found - did you recently uninstall one of your barstypes and now the old workspace would attempt to restore it? If you close down NT and remove the _Workspaces.xml from the Documents > NinjaTrader7 > Workspaces folder would you see the same issue at next startup?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, I still see the same on start-up after deleting the file"_Workspaces.xml from the Documents > NinjaTrader7 > Workspaces folder would you see the same issue at next startup?" When I try and open a new chart -- the chart opens - but when I try and add a symbol I get the same error message - then the program shuts down.

Comment

Thanks, if you compile all your files freshly in the NinjaScript editor - do you get any errors shown? If not please restart then fresh and recheck.

Comment

Bertrand, I tried to compile the files discussed below and still get the same errors. Also restarted the program and tried again.
              Thanks, PanamaJack

Thanks, if you compile all your files freshly in the NinjaScript editor - do you get any errors shown? If not please restart then fresh and recheck.

Comment

I think it would be good if we reviewed your setup via a remote connection at this point, can you please get in touch with us via Help > Mail to Support and then we take it from there?

Comment

XML Error

Hello & good day all. I get a similar error:

Chart Series 'Day' could not be deserialized: There is an error in XML document (1,985)

NT worked fine then I added CME Group and Options data from IQ Feed for my free trial. Soon as I click on any data series this error pops up in separate window.

SOS, requesting help. Thank you, JM

Comment

Hello johnnymustard,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\ChartSeries directory on your computer.

In this folder, delete Day.xml. Once you have done this, restart NinjaTrader.

Please, let us know if this does not resolve your issue.
                    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you ZacharyG, that did the trick

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA