Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

market open indicator needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market open indicator needed

Hi,
    Is there an indicator that will put a horizontal or vertical line on the chart at a specific time of day? I prefer a horizontal line that plots from market open to market close that starts @ the point of market open. If that's not available, just a vertical line at the market open would work.
    Thanks

Originally posted by shanethoene View Post
    Hi,
    Is there an indicator that will put a horizontal or vertical line on the chart at a specific time of day? I prefer a horizontal line that plots from market open to market close that starts @ the point of market open. If that's not available, just a vertical line at the market open would work.
    Thanks
    Have you looked in the file sharing area of the forum?

Comment

As sledge notes - theres prob something already posted.

You can take a look at the builtin indicator ConstantLines. Adding two lines to filter for market open and close might give you what you want. A sample is attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stevefym View Post
        As sledge notes - theres prob something already posted.

You can take a look at the builtin indicator ConstantLines. Adding two lines to filter for market open and close might give you what you want. A sample is attached.
        Thanks for the response.
        The "constant lines" indicator puts a line @ a certain price rather than a certain time.
        I can manually put a line everyday @ the open price but thought I could find an indicator to do it like they have with MT4.
        Thanks

Comment

I did a search but can't find one.
          I can only view the first page though because as soon as I try to view the 2nd page I get redirected. Not sure why that always happens.
          Thanks

Comment

Shane, checking into the sharing there's a Time Lines indicator already available - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...melines&desc=1

Color coding different time zones would also be possible - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=1&linkid=274
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by shanethoene View Post
              Hi,
              Thanks
              There is an opening range indicator available here

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

(elite membership required for free downloads, if you are not an elite member, send me a private message with your e-mail, and I will send you the indicator)

with the following options:

- indicator aligns market open time to the start of the trading day (mono-session template) or to the start of the second intraday session (multi-session template)
              - market open time can be shifted via the offset (please set session # to FIRST in this case)
              - the open or regular open can be displayed
              - the opening range will be calculated over a selectable period
              - you can also display the overnight range

A chart is attached for YM 12-13 showing today's regular open and the opening range.
              Lines that are not needed can be set to transparent.
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post trilliantrader  
              Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
              1 response
              0 likes