Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Remove Draw Object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Draw Object

Hi,

I'm not able to delete user created DrawObject (like horisontal line ) by using RemoveDrawObject(string tag). ( I made sure that I'm using the correct Tag )

Please advice how to achieve that? also how to delete all drawing objects created
    by user.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bassam; 11-16-2013, 11:39 PM.

Hi,

RemoveDrawObject methods only work for lines drawn in that indicator or strategy. It's not possible to remove manually drawn lines and this is by design.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Remove Line

Hi NinjaTrader_Matthew.

How to remove the line if it draws the indicator?

The indicator draws a line when a user to draw a rectangle.

The line must be drawn at each draw a rectangle.

And should be deleted by mutations both tick if the rectangle is removed.

Method RemoveDrawObject ("Avg_line");
      does not delete the line.

Code:
      foreach (IDrawObject draw in DrawObjects)

{

if(draw.DrawType == DrawType.Rectangle && draw.UserDrawn)

{

IRectangle rectangle = (IRectangle) draw;

if(Close[0] != 0)
      {

this.H_price = rectangle.StartY;

this.L_price = rectangle.EndY;

this.ST_Time = rectangle.StartTime;

this.ED_Time = DateTime.Now;

this.avg_line = ((H_price + L_price) / 2);

DrawLine("Avg_line"+draw.Tag, false, ST_Time, avg_line, ED_Time, avg_line, color_avg_line, ds_avg_line, width_avg_line);

}
      }
      }
      Last edited by mawerick; 11-14-2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Hi Mawerick,
        Nice idea you're working on there , I'm using horizontal lines rather, may use your idea as well

You're drawing a line with tag "Avg_line"+draw.Tag , so to delete the line you need to address that line instance with exactly same tag , which in this case "Avg_line"+draw.Tag" not " "Avg_line"....

While creating the line dont tag it with " draw.Tag" (which I think is better in this case ) OR RemoveDrawObject ("Avg_line"+draw.Tag);

Comment

Originally posted by bassam View Post
          Hi Mawerick,
          Nice idea you're working on there , I'm using horizontal lines rather, may use your idea as well

You're drawing a line with tag "Avg_line"+draw.Tag , so to delete the line you need to address that line instance with exactly same tag , which in this case "Avg_line"+draw.Tag" not " "Avg_line"....

While creating the line dont tag it with " draw.Tag" (which I think is better in this case ) OR RemoveDrawObject ("Avg_line"+draw.Tag);
          Hi bassam.

I prescribe to the tag "Avg_line"+draw.Tag so that the line would have to draw on each rectangle, the creation of a user manual.

Alas method RemoveDrawObject ("Avg_line"+draw.Tag); does not work. It does not remove the created line.

I would like to ask the developers of the ninja trader. Why they did not remove the possibility drawing objects by hand and drawing objects indicator menu Drawing Tools\
          Remove Drawing Objects?
          Last edited by mawerick; 11-15-2013, 06:32 AM.

Comment

draw.Tag is unique for every new square created by the user, you have to
            take that into consideration while coding.

Я с трудностю понял Ваш вопрос, Вам следует аккуратно его на Английском писать если
            Вы хотите получить ответ от разработчиков и лучше всего (если вы не нашли ответ) начать новую тему.
            Last edited by bassam; 11-17-2013, 12:17 AM.

Comment

draw.tag is unique for every new square created by the user, you have to
              take that into consideration while coding.

Я с трудностю понял Ваш вопрос, Вам следует аккуратно его на Английском писать если
              Вы хотите получить ответ от разработчиков и лучше всего (если вы не нашли ответ) начать новую тему.
              Спасибо за совет. Насколько я понял реализовать то, что мне нужно можно только одним путем, это создать нужное количество синтетических объектов и прописать условия, при которых алгоритм будет прорисовывать или удалять объекты. По-другому в Ниндзе это не реализовать.

Comment

Remove manual created draw objects

Hi,

I'm not able to delete user created DrawObject (like horisontal line ) by using RemoveDrawObject(string tag). ( I made sure that I'm using the correct Tag )

Please advice how to achieve that? also how to delete all drawing objects created
                by user.

Thanks in advance.
                This is my solution: https://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninja...tml#post475107

It works perfectly for me. Consider one "restriction": It deletes all draw objects - also all from any indicator. Due the fact I have my draw objects in an internal C# structure I redraw them immediately and therefore the result is: All manual draw objects are removed!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post RideMe
                by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes