Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

TMA Band Repainting | Center of Gravity Bands Repainting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TMA Band Repainting | Center of Gravity Bands Repainting

Anyone use TMA Bands or COG Bands in Ninja that repaint? Are repainting indicators posible in Ninja?

TMA > http://www.wisestocktrader.com/indicators/3320-tma-bands

TMA > Post 12,206 > http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=5886343

COG > http://forex-trading-reviews.com/cen...vity-indicator
    Last edited by RenkoTrades; 11-19-2013, 06:42 PM.

RenkoTrades, I'm not aware of those already created for NT, however the TMA is a readily available indicator so it could be sustituted for the SMA in the Bollinger / Keltner formulas and you would be arriving at your bands desired then?

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Of course you can create repainting indicators with NinjaTrader. However, this is something not recommended. Repainting indicators change the past data with hindsight, this is just a way to self-delusion.

TMA bands or the Belkhayate Center of Gravity are both heavily repainting. They plot nice channels though....

I have a version of the TMABands for NinjaTrader available, but I do not publish them, because I do not believe that they do any good.... If you wish a copy, contact me via private message.

A sample chart is attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Harry, now I get it...reminds me of Hurst's fascinating course. The PRC in the forums would be similiar however the recalculations would also be present I'm sure - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...&highlight=PRC
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Retrofitted Indicators

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Thanks Harry, now I get it...reminds me of Hurst's fascinating course. The PRC in the forums would be similiar however the recalculations would also be present I'm sure - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...&highlight=PRC
          Even the NinjaTrader default regression channel repaints. I have published a version with a modified custom plot, such that you can watch it repainting when you scroll back and forth your chart.

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

With the custom plot for the regression channel the repainting also shows when you scroll back horizontally. Standard repainting indicators only change their plots when you move forward. When scrolling back you get the (false) impression that the indicator has well served to predict price action.

Comment

Good information Harry, You have me on the right track now to move my MT4 trading over to Ninja. I am just not pleased trading my strategies on MT4 as I scale up. I don't use repainting indicators like most do in the commercial systems like mbfx junk. They have great advantages if used right on current bar.
            Last edited by RenkoTrades; 11-20-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              I have tested PRC and PRC2 and I do not like the plot on current bar compared to COG and TMA current bar plot. I have tested a range of repainting channels in MT4 and COG & TMA are best for my personal strategy.

Comment

Tma

Hey there! Can anyone share TMA bands?
                Thanks!
                Last edited by iwahc; 02-12-2015, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Hi

Repainting issue makes COG and PRC very hard to use as a valid indicator.
                  If you want something similar but doesn't repaint, try True Center Band (TCB).

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    Of course you can create repainting indicators with NinjaTrader. However, this is something not recommended. Repainting indicators change the past data with hindsight, this is just a way to self-delusion.

TMA bands or the Belkhayate Center of Gravity are both heavily repainting. They plot nice channels though....

I have a version of the TMABands for NinjaTrader available, but I do not publish them, because I do not believe that they do any good.... If you wish a copy, contact me via private message.

A sample chart is attached.
                    please can u send belkhyate centre of graviy indicator it would be a great help please

Comment

belkheyat center of gravity indicator

pleaaaaaaase does anyone have belkheyat center of gravity indicator in ninjatrader please it would be a great a great help thank u

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post chbruno