Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Email Price Alert Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Price Alert Indicator

Hello Traders,

Im looking for a indicator that will send me an email alert when a certain price has been hit, nothing fancy. If anyone has anything like this please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Lino.

Hi Lino,

Thank you for the post.

I have attached an example of when the price is equal to the user defined price level it will send an email.

Note, that you will need to have your Email setup in the Tools -> Options -> Misc Tab
    Follow the instructions below per the email server -
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...008#post262008

Additionally, you will need to import this indicator into NinjaTrader after downloading it.
    To Import

* Download the indicator to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    * From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
    * Select the downloaded .zip file
    * NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by simtrade81 View Post
      Hello Traders,

Im looking for a indicator that will send me an email alert when a certain price has been hit, nothing fancy. If anyone has anything like this please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Lino.
      I have coded it last year. The indicator is called LineAlertsOnPrice. It comes with another indicator called LineAlertsOnIndicator.

The indicators allow you to set specific price and indicator values, and you will get an alert, when the specified price or indicator level is hit or approached. The indicator comes with both sound alerts and e-mail alerts.

You can download the indicator here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Elite membership required (available at a one-time fee of $ 100, gives you access to several hundred NinjaTrader indicators).

In case that you cannot spend $ 100, send me a private message with your e-mail and I will send you the indicator.

Comment

is there a way to make the same for the volume value which i`d define?

Comment

Originally posted by cachevery View Post
          is there a way to make the same for the volume value which i`d define?
          You can use the anaLineAlertsOnIndicatorV3 indicator. It triggers an alert - sound alert or e-mail alert, when the volume exceeds a defined amount. You need to use it with setting "Larger Than".

Comment

Does it do if it ecceeds the exact amount to exact one tick?No more no less?So for example,if i set 110,i want it to signaling me when the volume reaches 111,not 112 or more,and not 109 or less.

Comment

Does it do if it ecceeds the exact amount to exact one tick?No more no less?So for example,if i set 110,i want it to signaling me when the volume reaches 111,not 112 or more,and not 109 or less.
              If you set it to 110, the signal should fire, when the volume reaches 111 contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                If you set it to 110, the signal should fire, when the volume reaches 111 contracts.
                If i set it 'larger then' in the option,and if i set to 110 with the option''smaller then'',it fires as soon the amount reaches 109.No more no less.Correct?

Comment

If i set it 'larger then' in the option,and if i set to 110 with the option''smaller then'',it fires as soon the amount reaches 109.No more no less.Correct?
                  "Smaller than" is for histograms with negative values. "Larger than" is for histograms with positive values. As volume is always positive, you should only use "Larger than".

If you want to get an alert, when the volume reaches 109, you would set the indicator to larger than 108.

Comment

How does it show in the tex message,since i use a higher volume of the constant as a buy signal and lower value as a sell signal?

Comment

How does it show in the tex message,since i use a higher volume of the constant as a buy signal and lower value as a sell signal?
                      The indicator draws a line at a specified volume level and triggers an intra-bar signal (sound alert or e-mail) when that level is reached. You cannot use it to detect a lower volume level with the setting "greater than".

So far I do not really understand what you wish to do, so it is difficult to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        The indicator draws a line at a specified volume level and triggers an intra-bar signal (sound alert or e-mail) when that level is reached. You cannot use it to detect a lower volume level with the setting "greater than".

So far I do not really understand what you wish to do, so it is difficult to answer.
                        In this thread i was trying to get an answer.What i need is the two email signals which goes above the certain constant number.Lt`s say it`s 1000.So i want the volume bar with th 1001 value to email signaling me that it`s spotted and it`s buy signal form me.Then,the same way i want the volume bar with the 999 value to email signalimg me it`s spotted and it`s a sell signal.That is basically it.I was trying to modified the code Silvestr did long ago,but with no hope.The code is attached.
                        Attached Files

Comment

In this thread i was trying to get an answer.What i need is the two email signals which goes above the certain constant number.Lt`s say it`s 1000.So i want the volume bar with th 1001 value to email signaling me that it`s spotted and it`s buy signal form me.Then,the same way i want the volume bar with the 999 value to email signalimg me it`s spotted and it`s a sell signal.That is basically it.I was trying to modified the code Silvestr did long ago,but with no hope.The code is attached.
                          That code does not make sense, because it is hardcoded to CalculateOnBarClose = false. Every bar starts as a low volume bar and during its life it may or may not exceed the selected threshold. If you want to check for low volume, you need to wait until the bar has closed. This should be reflected by the code

a) case COBC = true: you can check the current bar
                          b) case COBC = false: when the first tick of the current bar is triggered you can check the volume of the prior bar

The anaLineAlertsOnIndicatorV3 indicator can probably be used to detect low volume, if it is set to "COBC = true" and to "Cross_Above_or_Below". However, in your case it is easy to code a little indicator that does what you look for.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
                            Hi Lino,

Thank you for the post.

I have attached an example of when the price is equal to the user defined price level it will send an email.

Note, that you will need to have your Email setup in the Tools -> Options -> Misc Tab
                            Follow the instructions below per the email server -
                            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...008#post262008

Additionally, you will need to import this indicator into NinjaTrader after downloading it.
                            To Import

* Download the indicator to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                            * From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
                            * Select the downloaded .zip file
                            * NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Once again,is there a way to code a script that would do the same for the volume?That is ,signaling when a EXACT(NO MORE,NO LESS) volume bloke appears??

Comment

Hi Everybody!

Could anyone please help me to take all the other volume logice,besides Breakout or Climax logic out of this code?(Please see the attahced)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes