Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't Get Alerts for Multiple Timeframes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Get Alerts for Multiple Timeframes

Hello. I created a custom Indicator and a Strategy, and when I attach either of them to a Chart that has 3 different Timeframes. 5min/10min/15min, and I attach one indicator to each timeframe. When I get alerts, in the Alerts window it doesn't Specify the Timeframe. It only shows the Instrument.

And I know I'm new to this stuff, but I have other indicators that all alert me to each time frame I attach them to. Am I missing something.

Thank You!!

ginx10k, per default that would be expected unless the source timeframe info would be for example included in your custom Alert message. To get to know the bars type and timeframe via coding please use the BarsPeriod provided properties - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...barsperiod.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How to implement Timeframe Alerts in Custom Indicator!!

I appreciate that info. But I'm still very new to coding Ninjascript. can you give a Sample code of what I would put in my indicator to give an Alert for each chart regardless of the timeframe.

I found this online, and I tried it but I still don't get a Timeframe for my Chart alert.

Alert("MyAlert0", Priority.Medium, "Scalp Trading Emerging: " +BarsPeriod.Value.ToString() +" "+ BarsPeriod.Id.ToString()+" Chart", @"C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\sounds\OrderPending.wav", 0, Color.White, Color.Black);

I thought it would print out Scalp Trading Emerging on 5 min. or something. But it doesn't. Can you help me out please.
      Last edited by ginx10k; 12-31-2013, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Got IT

That last sample that posted, worked, it was my mistake.

Thx anyways.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes