Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simple Question: Need a license to custom code NinjaScript?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Question: Need a license to custom code NinjaScript?

In order to code up indicators in NinjaTrader, does a license need to be purchased or can custom NinjaScript indicators be written using the free license and then viewed using the Kinetick eod data?

Thank you!

Basically, my license says that the licensed features are Direct Edition Basic Entry Charting Live Data Connection and System Development but I don't see the New NinjaScript menu selection under Tools-> .
    Last edited by CLKKLC; 01-14-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLKKLC View Post
      Basically, my license says that the licensed features are Direct Edition Basic Entry Charting Live Data Connection and System Development but I don't see the New NinjaScript menu selection under Tools-> .
      Yeah, you can't do that in direct.

Comment

There is a free license for development, that you cannot use for live trading. Write a request to NT Support for it. It seems to be a global license, but I cannot post it here, as it is not my place to distribute NT licenses.

Comment

In order to code up indicators in NinjaTrader, does a license need to be purchased or can custom NinjaScript indicators be written using the free license and then viewed using the Kinetick eod data?

Thank you!
          For our simulation license with system development features enabled, please just register as new user on this download page - http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to give product key in my Indicator which is developed using NinjaScript . So, how to do this?

Comment

theitpro, do you mean you want to lock / protect your custom NinjaScript to be only used with your license key on the platform installed?

Comment

I already have a live account but I don't have New Ninjascript on the tools menu. I applied for a new user per NinjaTrader_Bertrand, received my sim license key. Where does this license key go if I already have a live license one?
                thank you in advance.

Comment

amjams, welcome to our forums - you could only have one key entered under Help > License Key, either the simulation one or your direct live edition key. If you need to have access to the system development features that the direct key would not have, just paste in your simulation key to make a temporary switch.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes