Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw objects

Hi guys,

Could you offer me a method which can draw an object (text, rectangle) to a given x axis coordinate? I need different distance between drawn objects, so the fix bars for x axis coordinate are not good for me.

Many thanks!

CuriProgrammer, what you can look into is drawing via custom C# techniques in the overridden Plot method - we would not have much documentation on this flexible yet unsupported technique, however NT comes shipped with an example for advanced coders - it's called the CustomPlotSample is installed per default.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks for your reply and I want to apologise for my late response..

I can not do my first theory about drawing so I thought over what i want to see.
      I want to draw rectangle to the chart. The rectangle's start point could be a bar (like DrawRectangle's startBarsAgo param) but it's end point should be a ratio or a not integer number which represent the width of rectangle.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hy folks,

I am dealing with the same issue - putting optional lenght rectangles each bars.
        I saw an indicator that did the same thing just cant remember wich one was that.

any help would be appreciated

Comment

For manually drawn rectangles that would not be possible, but for script drawn ones you can certainly update their end points either via supplying the index or DateTime. I have seen users working successfully with negative bar indices to signify a future bar, althought this technique would not be documented / supported by us. You will need to round / truncate the calcs so it falls on a bar / timestamp value though, to draw finer down to a pixel the plot override C# custom techniques would need to be employed.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
          9 responses
          1 like
          Last Post caryc123  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes