Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exposing indicator values in Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exposing indicator values in Market Analyzer

I have a simple indicator that uses two SMA's and plots those. I've also added two IntSeries variables to hold the count since the last crossover and the direction of the crossover (1, -1).

I want to be able to display the count and direction in the Market Analyzer. If I store those values in a plot I can access them in the MA, but in some cases, like when the stock price is small, the plats show on the chart and is not clean. Setting them to transparent removes the values too.

What do I need to do to expose these Series in Market Analyzer?

Thanks for the post dynoweb, you don't have to use a plot then, but just can expose the custom int series directly for access - here's a sample on this technique http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by dynoweb View Post
      I have a simple indicator that uses two SMA's and plots those. I've also added two IntSeries variables to hold the count since the last crossover and the direction of the crossover (1, -1).

I want to be able to display the count and direction in the Market Analyzer. If I store those values in a plot I can access them in the MA, but in some cases, like when the stock price is small, the plats show on the chart and is not clean. Setting them to transparent removes the values too.

What do I need to do to expose these Series in Market Analyzer?
      Expose the data as a DataSeries instead of as an IntSeries.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        Thanks for the post dynoweb, you don't have to use a plot then, but just can expose the custom int series directly for access - here's a sample on this technique http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991
        The SampleBoolSeries is what I based my indicator on. Instead of using the BoolSeries I used IntSeries. Loading the SampleBoolSeries indicator in MA only shows one object exposed which is the SampleBoolSeries. This is the same as my indicator only showing the DataSeries plots.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          Expose the data as a DataSeries instead of as an IntSeries.
          Thanks, I changed it to DataSeries and it worked. Now do you know how to force it show those values as an integer? for example 3 instead of 3.00

Comment

The SampleBoolSeries is what I based my indicator on. Instead of using the BoolSeries I used IntSeries. Loading the SampleBoolSeries indicator in MA only shows one object exposed which is the SampleBoolSeries. This is the same as my indicator only showing the DataSeries plots.
            You are correct, should have clarified further that this is just a generalized example of how to expose something internal like a variable or non plotted series.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I changed it to DataSeries and it worked. Now do you know how to force it show those values as an integer? for example 3 instead of 3.00
              FormatPriceMarker()?

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ricemarker.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses