Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No gap range bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No gap range bars

Hello. I managed to load range bars in Ninjatrader but I would like to get rid of the gaps. I seem to remember there was a particular indicator for that purpose in Ninjatrader 6. Any chance to find something similar for Ninja 7? I searched but I don't seem to find anything useful. Thank you.

alright_it, you are probably looking for those here - https://www.bigmiketrading.com/downl...load.html?view
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      alright_it, you are probably looking for those here - https://www.bigmiketrading.com/downl...load.html?view
      Yes, it looks like what I'm searching for, thank you, but honestly paying $100 for just 1 indicator sounds a bit too much for me. I know it's a lifetime fee but I'm surely not a fan of fancy indicators and so on, as this one is probably what I will ever need. And honestly I don't understand for a start why the original from Ninja has to display with that gap. That's not how range bars are supposed to look like. When the set range has been reached, a new bar open should appear. That's the range bars concept. Period. Anyway thank you again for your reply.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on this topic, I will note it in our enhancement tracking lists.

For the bars type I pointed you to > this would not posted in BMT's Elite section so there should be no fee to my understanding to access and use it.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on this topic, I will note it in our enhancement tracking lists.

For the bars type I pointed you to > this would not posted in BMT's Elite section so there should be no fee to my understanding to access and use it.
          I'm afraid it is instead. I get the message "You do not have permission to acces this entry. Access may be restricted to Elite Members only".
          My understanding is that there's no free downloads anymore on the bigmiketrading forum...

Comment

Will need to check into it further. My understanding was that free content still existed, why would there be otherwise a dedicated Elite section with downloads? As you tried to access the item you were logged in via a regular user account to the site?

Comment

Will need to check into it further. My understanding was that free content still existed, why would there be otherwise a dedicated Elite section with downloads? As you tried to access the item you were logged in via a regular user account to the site?
              The dedicated File Downloads section is all restricted now. The only free downloads are those that are directly attached to a posting.

Comment

Yes, and unfortunately koganam is supporting my view. No more free downloads

Comment

Originally posted by alright_it View Post
                  Yes, and unfortunately koganam is supporting my view. No more free downloads

Hi alright_it,

I am the creator of the RangeNoGap bar chart. You may download the 7.0 version for free from my web site.

If you need the 6.5 version I can get it to you.

Register on my web site and contact me from there.

Free Download is available after web site registration.

Download is here.

RJay
                  RJay
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by RJay View Post
                    Hi alright_it,

I am the creator of the RangeNoGap bar chart. You may download the 7.0 version for free from my web site.

If you need the 6.5 version I can get it to you.

Register on my web site and contact me from there.

Free Download is available after web site registration.

Download is here.

RJay
                    Thanks very much RJay. That would be super. I downloaded and imported it successfully into NT7, but I can't see it in the indicators list and of course it's not in the default popup menu of the TF's. I've also restarted NT. Is there a different way to load it?

Comment

alright_it, do you have any other custom bars types installed on this machine?

Comment

alright_it, do you have any other custom bars types installed on this machine?
                        No. Just the default ones

Comment

It is a bar type: it will not be in the indicators list. Just select it as the bar type when you want to use it; just as you would for the Range Bars that come with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hold on, my mistake. I didn't scroll down to the very bottom of the TF menu, where the new TF is located. It works fine now! Thanks so much RJay and Bertrand

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
                            7 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                            Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Mindset