Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to make indicator configuration parameters be contextual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make indicator configuration parameters be contextual

I have a case where the logical configuration possibilities are a little different when the indicator is displayed in a chart and when it is used to calculate a column value in a Market Analyzer. How can I arrange for the configuration display to be different in these two cases (other than simply providing two separate, otherwise identical, indicators)?

More generally, is there a reasonable way to have dynamic control over configuration GUI elements, such as which get displayed and what values are shown for an enum? How do I get past the fact that the configuration elements are normally constant, fixed at compile time?

Thanks,
    EV

Hello,

Unfortunately I don't have any documentation or ways I'm aware of to create custom grid categories for the market analyzer.

I'll leave this open in case any users have discovered unsupported ways to handle this.

Let me know if I can further assist.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
      Hello,

Unfortunately I don't have any documentation or ways I'm aware of to create custom grid categories for the market analyzer.

I'll leave this open in case any users have discovered unsupported ways to handle this.

Let me know if I can further assist.
      One example might be that Googling around leads me to believe there are programmatic ways to manipulate the XML model. I have not read enough to understand how feasible such a thing might be in the NinjaTrader context.

I could also see how to do it if the XML attributes of the interface elements took even a readonly value, but AFAIK they absolutely require a const value. Is there any way that anything but a const can be used?

I can think of several situations when this ability would be helpful, so I would like to enter a request that Version 8 provide some way to do so.

--EV

Comment

I will submit this as a feature request to have it included in NinjaTrader 8. Let me know if there is anything I can further assist with on the supported side.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes