Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Template problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template problem

I do not know whether this belongs here or in the Market Analyzer section. Feel free to move it if you like.

The situation is that I have developed a simple indicator that just reports either the closing price of the final bar or else a -1, depending on how recent that final bar is. It is intended to support filtering in Market Analyzer.

It compiles fine. I can add it to a Market Analyzer window and it works fine -- it delivers the intended values. Filtering on its values also works fine. In short, no problems that I know of.

HOWEVER, when I try to save the template Ninja Trader hangs, using the typical 12.5% of my CPU that it uses whenever it hangs.

I have tried quite a variety of things, with no luck. Here are some of them:
    • I keep an Output window up -- nothing shows there
    • I have looked at the log and trace files, and see nothing suspicious there
    • I have tried re-compiling the indicator. It compiles fine, but does not affect my problem. The indicator functions just fine, but I cannot save any template that includes it.
    • I have tried making the Market Analyzer window as simple as possible -- just the "Instrument" column and the column for my indicator. The window functions as expected, except that I cannot save that template.
    • I can save any template, or altered template, that I have tried -- as long as it does not contain this indicator
    • I have tried saving over the template I loaded (and to which I added the indicator) -- no luck
    • I have tried saving to a new template name -- no luck doing that either

Basically, I simply cannot save any Market Analyzer template that includes this indicator. Everything else about the system is fine. No visible errors. I can modify and save all the templates I want -- as long as they do not contain this indicator. Any attempt to save a Market Analyzer template that includes this indicator hangs Ninja Trader. Windows says the process is non-responsive. Ninja Trader continuously chews up a very solid 12.5% of my CPU for as long as I let it run. When I let it run for over 15 minutes just now, it stayed at a very solid 12.5%, with an unchanging thread count of 17 threads.

=====

That's it ... I'm at a loss. Please help me understand what is going on, and how I can save a Market Analyzer template that includes this indicator. If there is any other info that will help you diagnose this, please let me know.

--EV
    Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 02-05-2014, 08:20 PM.

EV, do you perhaps another machine / setup to test this on as well for comparison? What if the same indicator is loaded on a chart and saved as chart template - would you see the same issues coming up as for the MA scneario? It would be definitely good if we could look into reproducing here, if you're willing to share the study for this purpose.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

n/m

I see my bug -- an improperly implemented property, copied from some demo source.

That'll teach me to say something late at night, instead of sleeping on it first.

--EV
      Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 02-06-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update and glad you could isolate the 'bugger'
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Mongo