Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Daily Screenshot via Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Screenshot via Mail

Hi Guys,

i like to have one Mail with a Screenshot from my favorite Instruments. I tested it on a minute chart with a code like this:

if (ToTime(Time[0]) >= ToTime(21, 00, 0)
    && ToTime(Time[1]) <= ToTime(21, 00, 0))
    {
    subject = "Handels-Chart | " + Instrument.FullName + " | " + BarsPeriod;
    message = "Handels-Chart | " + Instrument.FullName + " | " + BarsPeriod;
    SendMailChart(ChartControl, subject, message, EmailAddress, EmailAddress, pServer, Port, pSSL, pUsername, pPassword);
    }

It works fine on a 5 Minute chart for example, but it doesn´t work on a Daily Chart, becaus e the Bar don´t close at 21:00. Could someone give me a tip?

sorry for my bad english.....

Pullbacktrader

Hello Pullbacktrader,

You can add logic to ignore the time if the data series is a daily interval.

For example:
    Code:
    if (BarsPeriod.Id == PeriodType.Day)
    {
    	// execute code
    }
    Below are links to the help guide on BarsPeriod and BarsPeriods.
    BarsPeriod - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...barsperiod.htm
    BarsPeriods - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...arsperiods.htm
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

I´ve put it in my code, in one Day, i see if it works and give you a feedback! Thanks for your fast response!

Pullbacktrader

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

thanks for your Help! I put it in a Chart and it sends me an eMail on the next Day, the Marked open.

Is ist also possible to send a Mail on a fix Time of the Day? 20:00 h for Example?

Regards,

Pullbacktrader

Comment

Hello Pullbacktrader,

To compare the PC current time instead of the bar time to 20:00 use:

if (ToTime(DateTime.Now) == 200000)
          {
          // execute code
          }

Just a heads up, if this code is added to OnBarUpdate and a bar does not end at exactly 20:00:00 then this code will not fire.

You can add this code to OnMarketData() and it would be more likely to fire, however, a tick would need to come in at exactly 20:00:00 to trigger the code.

You could allow for a full minute by using ToTime(DateTime.Now) > 200000 && ToTime(DateTime.Now) < 200100. This would mean that the code would trigger for every tick received during this minute. A bool might be able to help with that to only allow it to send once during that minute.

For any of this to work, there must be incoming data.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

i like to use it on a Daily Chart, and i would like to get a Screenshot via eMail every Day at 20:00. How could i put it on OnMarketData()?

If i put the Indicator on Calculate on bar close = false, it works, but i get more than one Mail. Could you give me a tip how to solve this, so that i get only one mail?

thanks so much! ;-)
            Last edited by Pullbacktrader; 02-13-2014, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Putting the code in OnMarketData would function pretty much the same as leaving the code in OnBarUpdate and setting the script to CalculateOnBarClose false.

OnMarketData fires when a tick is received. When CalculateOnBarClose is false OnBarUpdate fires when a tick is received.

You could allow for a full minute by using ToTime(DateTime.Now) > 200000 && ToTime(DateTime.Now) < 200100. This would mean that the code would trigger for every tick received during this minute. A bool might be able to help with that to only allow it to send once during that minute.

For example:
              Code:
              In region Variables:
              private bool emailSent = false;

In OnBarUpdate():
              if (ToTime(DateTime.Now) > 200000 && ToTime(DateTime.Now) < 200100 && emailSent == false)
              {
              SendMail();
              emailSent = true;
              }
              else if (ToTime(DateTime.Now) < 200000 || ToTime(DateTime.Now) > 200100)
              {
              emailSent = false;
              }

Comment

It works, i´m happy to have this Support from you and your Team. Thank you Chelsea!

Comment

Hi. I am keen on using the screenshot code as well but I can't seem to get it to work. I think there may be a problem with the way I am writing it( this part especially - SendMailChart(ChartControl, subject, message, EmailAddress, EmailAddress, pServer, Port, pSSL, pUsername, pPassword).

For starters, I have noticed that you have included pSSL which is not in the original code from OregonSun. How did you code for this? Secondly, I am trying to send the email via hotmail so this is how I wrote my code:

SendMailChart(ChartControl, subj, message, "****@hotmail.com", "****@hotmail.com", "smtp.live.com", 587, "****@hotmail.com", "Password");

It seems correct but it's not working. Could you tell me if this is wrong and if yes, where, or could you alternatively give me the credentials you used in the above code - minus the email address and password, of course? Thanks in advance.

Comment

mbesha,

SendMailChart() is not support code with NinjaTrader. Only SendMail() function is supported.

Additionally, you will need to ensure that the email is setup on the NinjaTrader side under Tools -> Options -> Misc Tab

Input the same values on this side as you are setting them in the code.

Additionally, you may want to start testing with just SendMail() first so we know that the mailing function is working before moving onto the screenshot mail function.
                    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have already tested with SendMail() and it works without a hitch. I am also using the same parameters. By the way, is it possible to send an attachment via SendMail()?

Comment

It is not possible to send attachments using the SendMail() function.

Can you please send me your Trace files so I can investigate this further?

Help -> Mail to Platform Support

Put ATTN Cal in the subject reference this thread in the Body.
                        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cal. Thanks for your quick response. As I mentioned, I have no problem using SendMail(). I am just keen on learning how I can take and email a screenshot of a chart and I came across this code but I haven't been successful in using it yet. If you know how to use it successfully, please share with me how you did it because I can't seem to find much information available on how to accomplish my objective. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I don't even know there is a SendMailChart() function @@
                            ninZa
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Comment

Originally posted by mbesha View Post
                              Hi Cal. Thanks for your quick response. As I mentioned, I have no problem using SendMail(). I am just keen on learning how I can take and email a screenshot of a chart and I came across this code but I haven't been successful in using it yet. If you know how to use it successfully, please share with me how you did it because I can't seem to find much information available on how to accomplish my objective. Thanks in advance.
                              I used this code, works a charm for sending screen shots through.
                              http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...tid=-1&lpage=1

The one thing missing from that code is the ability to add ssl details of the server you are sending from.

You will have to add these couple of lines after you defnine your smtp client

smtp.EnableSsl = true;
                              smtp.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential(Username, Password);

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                              21 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes