Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing Objects Disappear from Chart whilst Scrolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Objects Disappear from Chart whilst Scrolling

Hi,

I am plotting lines and a rectangle that span a 24 hour period on my range chart. As I scroll the chart to the left or the right the rectangle and lines disappear and re-appear of the chart.

Also, the lines and the rectangle are plotted from the same start bar to end bar and at the same price position, but they dont have the same issue at exactly the same time, sometimes one of the lines will disappear, sometimes both, and sometimes the rectangle as well.

The issue does not appear to be related to a particular time on the chart (ie the time of the right most visible bar), however I can make the objects appear and disappear at the same point, that is, I can scroll 1 bar to the left and it will disappear, the scroll one bar to the right and it comes back.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Will.

Hello Will,

Thank you for your post.

This is a visual item on the chart and is related to the Y values of the drawing objects and where they are in relation to the currently viewed area of the chart. So if I looked back between the Start and End Y of my chart I might see my Line disappear depending on the region of the chart I am viewing and then move again to another region and see the Line appear.

Can you attach a copy of your current workspace file so I can test further this item on my end and provide further information?
    • To save a copy of your workspace, please go to File--> Workspace--> Save "Workspace As..." and Save this workspace with the name "Support".
    • You will find your workspace under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\Support.xml
    • Please attach this workspace XML document to this thread and I can look into this further.

Comment

Hi,

If you are saying that as I scroll the chart the plotted objects may move above or below the current price range being veiwed on the chart, this isnt whats happening, the objects are still in the viewable range, they just disappear. Also, as I said, there are 2 lines and one rectangle plotted, the lines plot on the boundary of the rectangle and sometimes the lines disappear but the rectangle doesnt. It never seems to be the case, though, that the rectangle disappears but the lines don't.

I will attach some screenshots and workspace,
      Thanks.

Comment

Attachments 1
        Attached Files

Comment

Attachments 2
          Attached Files

Comment

Support.xml

Comment

Hello WIll,

Unfortunately, the workspace was not attached to your post. If you would like please send the workspace to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick - 1015200' in the subject line.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post George21  
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Stanfillirenfro