Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Visibility indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visibility indicator

Hello, I want that you respond if possible you can see an indicator above the price, ie for example a moving average to display visible in front of a candle and not from behind as is the default. Thanks.

Hello warly903,

Thank you for your post.

In order to assist you appropriately, can I have you clarifying for me a bit?

I look forward to your response.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, excuse my English but I speak through a translator. I have a chart with a moving average chart style of candelestick. I want the moving average to look ahead not behind price.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

It is not currently possible to plot ahead in the future. It is possible to displace the indicator, but this will not plot future values.
        Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by warly903 View Post
          Hello, I want that you respond if possible you can see an indicator above the price, ie for example a moving average to display visible in front of a candle and not from behind as is the default. Thanks.
          I think what you are saying is that the candles are in front of the moving average making it difficult to see the moving average. If this is the case then yes, you can change something called the Z-order of the candles on the chart and actually put them behind the moving average. It is a bit tricky to describe but I will try:

1) Left Mouse Click on the candles to make them selected (you will see the "selection squares" on the candles to show they have been selected).
          2) Press control key and shift key at the same time and hold them down.
          3) While holding the cntrl-shift keys down, rotate the scroll wheel of the mouse.

What you will see is the text "Level x of x" appear on the chart, where "x" is some value depending on the objects on the chart. If you slowly cycle through the levels as you rotate the wheel you should see the moving average of interest come to the front of the candles. Stop rotating wheel when it is set the way you want it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Perfect, thank you very much.

Comment

warly903
              You can see a full description of the z-order in the Help section of NT.
              Go to HELP > Operations > Navigating a Chart. Then scroll down to How to Change the z-order (paint order) of a chart object.
              It also contains a video which shows what tasker-182 was writing.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes