Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Support/Resistence sripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support/Resistence sripes

Hi there,
    is there any chance to have this drawing tool in NT?
    What I mean is that I want to draw S/R horizontal stripe say from price 1000 to 1001,6 with certain colour and transparency and I want to have a possibility to change these levels dynamicaly, to grab 1000 boundary and muve it, then grab 1001,6 boundary and move it.
    It would be like Rectangle but with no end on left/right side
    Radek

Hello Radek,

I will forward your suggestion to for that drawing tool to our development team for future releases of NinjaTrader.

With that said, it is possible to do this with a custom indicator it would just have to be custom programmed is all.

Here is an example of an Indicator that will do something similarly to what you are looking for that you may try out. Note that you cannot dynamically change these values my moving them but you can modify it.

To Import
    1. Download the attached file to your desktop
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript
    3. Select the downloaded file

Note that on any files that say "File already exists on your PC" that start with an "@" symbol are the ones that came preloaded inside of NinjaTrader so you would say "No" so that you do not override those files.
    Attached Files
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello JC,
      thanks for quick reply. Unfortunately that Indicator you suggested is no use to me. I need those finctions described, which are user friendly and exactly as S/R drawing tool should look like(to my opinion).
      I am sure it would be useful to many NT users. As I have not skilles required to program the indicator myself I have to rely on NT support help

Comment

Hello godiamond,

Thanks for your feedback.

There are many other Support/Resistance indicator that you may try out as well on our Indicator Sharing section of our Forum that you may try out as well.

Comment

Hello JC,
          I know all these indicators and of course I did go through all those forums. None of them are close to what I described.
          Can you send me script/code for Rectangle and Extended line? I would try to combine/modify them somehow, because I do not believe that I can get it otherwise.
          Radek

Comment

Hello godiamond,

Examples of how to use the Rectangle and Extended Line object can be found in our Help Guide at the links below:

DrawRectangle():

DrawExtendedLine():

Happy to be of any further assistance.

Comment

Hello JC,
              I am not sure bat I think this is no use to me either. I need to be able to draw S/R horizontal stripe by clicking mouse/pointer in the chart (1.activate function, 2.click upper boundary of S/R at certain price in the chart, 3.click lower boundary of S/R at certain price in the chart)
              I am not sure if I can do this with indicator or if this has to be implemented in drawing functions?
              Radek

Comment

Drawing Tool

Hello Godiamond

I'm not sure if you'd be interested in a retail indicator or not, but you can see a demonstration video of a custom drawing toolbar for NT7 here..

It doesn't do exactly what you described, but on the other hand, it also does quite a bit more.. If you start around the 56 min mark, the enhancements available to the rectangle's might fit your needs..

You might also want to take a look at the upgrades video.. around the 2 min mark starts to describe a color/style palette that has been added for quick and easy single click changes..

Good Luck!

Originally posted by godiamond View Post
                Hello JC,
                I am not sure bat I think this is no use to me either. I need to be able to draw S/R horizontal stripe by clicking mouse/pointer in the chart (1.activate function, 2.click upper boundary of S/R at certain price in the chart, 3.click lower boundary of S/R at certain price in the chart)
                I am not sure if I can do this with indicator or if this has to be implemented in drawing functions?
                Radek
                -=Edge=-
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello godiamond,

Yes, it would be possible to do inside of NinjaTrader but adding in all of that functionality would just require quite a bit more of coding is all.

Comment

Something like this tool?

Here is a series of chart pics to show how this tool works.

Dan
                    Attached Files
                    eDanny
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello JC,
                      I am glad you like eDanny´s post so do I because it is exatly what I meant. I just do not want to pay extra 50USD for such a basic tool which should be included already. That´s all
                      You wrote:
                      Hello godiamond,
                      Examples of how to use the Rectangle and Extended Line object can be found in our Help Guide at the links below:
                      DrawRectangle():
                      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...wrectangle.htm
                      DrawExtendedLine():
                      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tendedline.htm
                      Happy to be of any further assistance.
                      Yes I would appreciate your assistance. If you could send me codes for those two indicatores as I asked already, so I could somehow combine them that would be great
                      Radek

Comment

Hi Radek, we would unfortunately not have any further samples here to point you to, it would be requiring custom coding as JC pointed out or aquiring a custom build tool that would perform this operation like you were showcased in this thread as well. With that being said your request for such a default tool in NinjaTrader has been added to our feedback tracking lists in product management, there would not be an ETA or commitment at this point though. All the best.
                        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post xiinteractive  
                        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes