Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to have an output without effecting scale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to have an output without effecting scale?

Hello,
    I need to have two different outputs from one custom indicator. These two outputs have a completely different scale , For example one output is from 80 to 90 , whilst the second output is from 0.1 to 0.3 .
    When plotted on a chart, I would like the scale to remain in the 80 to 90 range , and not include the second output of 0.1 to 0.3.
    I don't want to use the "transparent" option in the "Plot" command, as I do want to have the value of the second output visible in the "Data Box".
    Is there a way to accomplish this ?
    Thanks

You need to apply your indicator twice.

First instance: Set the second plot of the indicator to transparent, such that only the main plot (range 80-90) is shown.

Second instance : Set the main plot of the indicator to transparent, such that only the second plot (range 0.1 - 0.3) is shown.

Make sure that both instances are displayed on the same panel. Now set the first instance to "Auto scale = true" and the second instance to "Auto scale = false".

Now, only the main plot (range 80-90) will be shown on the panel, but both of them will appear in the data box.

Comment

Originally posted by Leope View Post
      Hello,
      I need to have two different outputs from one custom indicator. These two outputs have a completely different scale , For example one output is from 80 to 90 , whilst the second output is from 0.1 to 0.3 .
      When plotted on a chart, I would like the scale to remain in the 80 to 90 range , and not include the second output of 0.1 to 0.3.
      I don't want to use the "transparent" option in the "Plot" command, as I do want to have the value of the second output visible in the "Data Box".
      Is there a way to accomplish this ?
      Thanks
      You can always lock your chart scale to the range that you want to see, just by using the mouse and dragging the price axis.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
        A clarification :
        Can I externally set one of my plots to transparent or do I need to have two separate indicators ?
        Thanks

Comment

Thanks ,
          I just saw how this can be done .
          Appreciate your help !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes