Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicators comparable to AGET eXpert Trend Locator (XTL)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators comparable to AGET eXpert Trend Locator (XTL)?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of an indicator for NinjaTrader comparable to the eXpert Trend Locator (XTL) Indicator in Advanced GET?

I've looked at Dr. A. Elders Impulse system (http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=6160) and it seems similar in that there are three colors of bars to indicate the trend (or lack thereof) but the result is completely different, and in my opinion no where near as accurate.

I'm fairly new to NinjaTrader and haven't attempted to code anything with NinjaScript, but I'm hopeful the 'NinjaTrader brain trust' on the forum might be able to come up with something close enough to be of similar usefulness...

I'm thinking the Dr. A Elders Impulse indicator could be a good starting point and its just a matter of finding the right combination of indicators and oscillators to calculate the trend, although I could be oversimplifying things.

From what I read the indicator is based on the Runs Test for Randomness (found in Advanced Statistical books), and when the randomness test exceeds a certain threshold, it is classified as potential trend. I think a great way to test this would be in combination with the trend slider for simulated data. If the indicator correlates decently to the trend of simulated data (which can easily be controlled) it should work well in 'live' situations too.

Here is an example of the XTL, which as you can see, is able to track trends quite effectively.

Here is also an 11 page .pdf overview of the XTL, that might helpful to figure out how it works, for anyone who wants to give it a shot or has ideas on how it could be done...

Last edited by Elliott Wave; 03-22-2008, 11:10 AM.

Xtl

Hi there.... did you get any result with this XTL? I have been looking for it also.

Comment

I would love to have GET studies available to NT but I'm not going to hold my breath. AFIAK Tom Joseph sold the software to eSignal. GET is available as an add-on for MetaStock, but no other platforms.

I created an indicator that was a crude copy, but wasn't too happy with it.

I found some C# code for the Wald-Wolfowitz test that the indicator is apparently based on, so if it was converted to NinjaScript format it might be possible to create a derivative indicator that gets close. I tried creating an indicator of the runs test, but was having problems so I just gave up.

I also remember reading a statistical test of different trading systems recently and the XTL setups blew everything out of the water, but I'm having trouble finding the link at the moment.
      Last edited by Elliott Wave; 12-10-2008, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Ok - I guess I will try to build from it from scratch. The runs test for randomness is a good statistical filter for my current signals. I have four months paid leave so should manage to get it done. Thx for the update.

Everington_f

Comment

Any luck with this?

Originally posted by everington_f View Post
          Ok - I guess I will try to build from it from scratch. The runs test for randomness is a good statistical filter for my current signals. I have four months paid leave so should manage to get it done. Thx for the update.

Everington_f

Any luck with the develpment of a NT script for this XTL?

Comment

No luck as yet.. have been concentrating on other things..... but I will get it coded eventually.

Comment

chart: Daily ES, with the MetaTrader ' TTM ' indicator set to 5 periods
              looks as though it could use a 3rd color, a 'neutral bar' ( 'change' ??)
              MT4 indicators do convert well into NT code. TTM MT4 code attached
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin  
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes