Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

^uvol / ^dvol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^uvol / ^dvol

Greetings all. I would like to set up and indicator (or perhaps a custom symbol?) the will give me the ratio of the NYSE Up Volume divided by the NYSE Down Volume. This is easily done in eSignal ($UVOL / $DVOL) but am not sure how to create that in NT. I tried mapping a custom symbol but came up short. The notion is that when ^UVOL swamps ^DVOL by a certain ratio it can be a bullish signal (and vice versa for short signals) that when combined with other filters can create a trading strategy/signal. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

In this case you needed to create whats called a multi time frame indicator that will compare both indexs and output the value of the difference.

I took the liberty and quickly created it for you. If you wanted me to link documentation on how to do this I will do so just let me know. Otherwise please load the attached file using the Control Center->File->Utilities->Import NinjaScript and apply the "VolumeRatio" indicator to your chart.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for the note.

In this case you needed to create whats called a multi time frame indicator that will compare both indexs and output the value of the difference.

I took the liberty and quickly created it for you. If you wanted me to link documentation on how to do this I will do so just let me know. Otherwise please load the attached file using the Control Center->File->Utilities->Import NinjaScript and apply the "VolumeRatio" indicator to your chart.
      Hi

I use TD amertrade... the symbols used are UVOL /upvolume AD.N /downvolume
      ...I cant seem to chart these instruments...would this volumeRatio indy work with my TD amertrade. feed??

Comment

Originally posted by mystiq68 View Post
        Hi

I use TD amertrade... the symbols used are UVOL /upvolume AD.N /downvolume
        ...I cant seem to chart these instruments...would this volumeRatio indy work with my TD amertrade. feed??
        Negative. That's TOS speak. Not TDA.

Comment

Hi Brett,

Looking to create the same thing, not ratio per se, but net result of 2 data series, ^UVOL and ^DVOL.
          So need te be able to use 2 data-series as input. Is that an option at all in NT7 scripting?
          Your VolumeRatio only allows one.

I can plot both series on same panel, but would like to plot the net result of UVOL minus DVOL...

Thanks.
          Alex

Comment

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your post.

The second data series would need to be coded in. Please see the Multi-Time Frame & Instruments section of our help guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post bill2023  
            Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes